• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu Subject dropped?

Reaction score
Hi I am actually an Pakistani American citizen. In my school they have a dropping facility for international students, I wanted to ask if I drop Urdu can I still study in Pakistan? I've heard since im an outsider I am exempt for this urdu subject therefore it won't affect my future in Pakistan.. please reply?

Reaction score
it really shudnt do any harm to u and why do u want to come here to study when u r in a much better place anyways forget this but it will be of no harm to u so i think u can drop it !

Reaction score
It's entirely your choice. Studying Urdu will get you well acquainted with your national language and is therefore recommendable.

Reaction score
Well it's kind of too late, it's my final year and I only know the alphabet of Urdu, so yeah would put a lot of burden.

Reaction score
Urdu A is difficult in the sense that it involves literature; nazmein, ghazlein, afsaney and novels.
Urdu B, on the other hand, is 'Second Language Urdu'. So it's meant basically for candidates whose mother tongue isn't Urdu. So you can still consider this option if you want to. :)

Reaction score
snkhan43 said:
Well it's kind of too late, it's my final year and I only know the alphabet of Urdu, so yeah would put a lot of burden.
I can understand your problem!! two kids from my school too are foreigners and therefore are dropping Urdu !! I think it does not imply any importance if you are outsider :)

Reaction score
yeah because mostly the work is in english and urdu is barely used for doin work but u might have problems understanding it !

Reaction score
snkhan43 said:
Hi I am actually an Pakistani American citizen. In my school they have a dropping facility for international students, I wanted to ask if I drop Urdu can I still study in Pakistan? I've heard since im an outsider I am exempt for this urdu subject therefore it won't affect my future in Pakistan.. please reply?
i thnk u bette take it because they might wont give u admission in universities.

Reaction score
sanastar said:
snkhan43 said:
i thnk u bette take it because they might wont give u admission in universities.
I don't think that is going to happen because the guy came from USA recently and has a perfect explanation for not giving Urdu paper and Moreover Universities see core subjects like physics, chemistry for Science subjects while accounts, eco and b.s for commerce

Reaction score
most universities dont care abt Pakistan studies and Isl now days or even Urdu as its got no use with the university studies anyways we have to give it and its not compulsory for foreigners so enjoy not studyin urdu !

Reaction score
You can apply to any university in Pakistan, government or private, as a foreign applicant which will exempt you from Urdu. But if you apply as a Pakistani citizen, it'll be near to impossible for you to get in without Urdu. So make sure you apply as a foreign applicant.