• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu-Second Language

Reaction score
Hy all!!! Does the writing in urdu really matter? If your words are legitimate but ur writing is not very good, is it ok? And do u have to use ur own words for answering comprehensions, i mean so many things have no other synonym............. ive to appear in october and my urdu teacher is giving me a real hard time with these things...
Plz help!!!!

Reaction score
Writing doesnt matter. But it should be understandable to the examiner. Make sure you do ur work neatly. Only thats required.
Yes you should try to use your own words as far as possible. Otherwise you may pick a line or some words from the passage, but the line should be clearly relevant to the answer and should not have extra information that doesnt relate to the question.

Reaction score
My writing is fine.....Its readable at least

Secondly, even my teacher says that my answers are very relevant but i would lose marks for reproducing some content from the passage. Some stuff i simply can not rephrase.

Why do urdu teachers always have to be annoying?

Reaction score
well i guess some of them r gud...........................................one of mine was excellent too bad she had to retire after a few months

Reaction score
i m really really gud in urdu but lack xpression and handwrting,,,pray for me 10 days to goooooooooo

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
my urdu teacher is very nice in all aspects though as always some students dont like her :p
Anyways as it is clearly mentioned in the question u shud use ur own words as far as possible,Also if u can list the things if possible like ''kin cheezon se.... , or , kitni...'' u can say ''mandarja zel cheezain...
but for 1 mark question u can normally cut oyt the irrelevant thing leaving the one important ,i.e.,according to the question!!
and remember u r marked mainly for ur language..so try to use idioms and good words...provided u know how touse them otherwise i wont suggest messing it up! :cool:

Reaction score
Dont Worry about Urdu.Really a easy subjecT
try to use ur Own words in Comprehension and summary
A toh paka hai

Reaction score
I also was confident but my teacher is driving me nuts, saying that writing is very important. i feel like banging my head in the wall or may be banging hers............. Whatever the case may be, my writing is legible!!!!!!!!! AND I KNOW IT!

Reaction score
Yar why do you people all give Urdu as a second language? Pakistan mein rehtey howe tou aisa nahi karna chahye. Urdu first language gives you an equal chance to get an A as does Urdu second language.