• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

URDU >>>>>>>>GUESS PAPERS PLZ>>P2

Reaction score
C
Can you please tell me about the word limit for both P1 and P2.

The split question is like 10 and 15 or 13 and 12 so much to write in each part as in 25 marks we are supposed to write from 250 to 300 so much for each part of split question because the marking schemes mention the word limit for P1 but not for P2 and it has been stated that exceeding the word limit will drop the grade from Band 8 to Band 6

Reaction score
i think i know wat u want here so let me try....

- firsst para same old same old .... give the introduction of deputy nazir ahmed and mirat-ul-ururs as the first novvel writer and novel respectively.

- 2nd para: miratul urus as a maqsadi novel.
describe its reason for writing (brief background about how he needed a guideline for his daughter and wasn't satisfied with those already present so he himself wrote a book. when an english man saw the book he had it published and it became the 2nd most published book in the indian subcontinent. 1st was the Holy Quran)
explain his maqsad more if u want to

- 3rd para: linking his mqsad to his kirdar nigari
explain that his characters were 'jamid', 'ghair mutaharrik' and 'yak sifta' :p understood? like they were non-evolving and either totally good or totally bad.
describe his main characters in the light of his kirdar nigari brifly
describe his minor characters in the light of his kirdar nigari briefly
(make a new 4th para in b/w if u want to)

- next para: female characters and their description like about asghari and akbari and here you can add some examples of how they dominated the males.
here u can also point out how the male characters by nazir ahmed were only intoduced so that wo female characters ko nikhaar sakein

- next para : to achieve the goal of this novel deputy nazir ahmed had to make the females more dominant so that he could describe how the role of the women is imporrtant in the society and it comes back to the fact that they should be educated and wise to make a good home and make good decisions.
*phew* :p i hope i helped. if there is anything u think is mising or is wrong or is unnecessary plz reply and correct me. i did the best i cud. i hope i did justice with the question ;)
Thanks.... I'm lovin' it :)
So with more or less stated by differently:
The maqsad
Its about households so women r usually more dominant
The men in that era would work for british so were abroad and nazir only described reality
To refute the belief that muslims don't respect their women

This would make it more complete... but anyway thanks a lot

Reaction score
i think i know wat u want here so let me try....

- firsst para same old same old .... give the introduction of deputy nazir ahmed and mirat-ul-ururs as the first novvel writer and novel respectively.

- 2nd para: miratul urus as a maqsadi novel.
describe its reason for writing (brief background about how he needed a guideline for his daughter and wasn't satisfied with those already present so he himself wrote a book. when an english man saw the book he had it published and it became the 2nd most published book in the indian subcontinent. 1st was the Holy Quran)
explain his maqsad more if u want to

- 3rd para: linking his mqsad to his kirdar nigari
explain that his characters were 'jamid', 'ghair mutaharrik' and 'yak sifta' :p understood? like they were non-evolving and either totally good or totally bad.
describe his main characters in the light of his kirdar nigari brifly
describe his minor characters in the light of his kirdar nigari briefly
(make a new 4th para in b/w if u want to)

- next para: female characters and their description like about asghari and akbari and here you can add some examples of how they dominated the males.
here u can also point out how the male characters by nazir ahmed were only intoduced so that wo female characters ko nikhaar sakein

- next para : to achieve the goal of this novel deputy nazir ahmed had to make the females more dominant so that he could describe how the role of the women is imporrtant in the society and it comes back to the fact that they should be educated and wise to make a good home and make good decisions.

*phew* :p i hope i helped. if there is anything u think is mising or is wrong or is unnecessary plz reply and correct me. i did the best i cud. i hope i did justice with the question ;)
K a question if we state they r yaksifta and non evolving then its like saying they/re dead not jandar

Reaction score
C

The split question is like 10 and 15 or 13 and 12 so much to write in each part as in 25 marks we are supposed to write from 250 to 300 so much for each part of split question because the marking schemes mention the word limit for P1 but not for P2 and it has been stated that exceeding the word limit will drop the grade from Band 8 to Band 6
p1 as in paper 1?

Reaction score
K a question if we state they r yaksifta and non evolving then its like saying they/re dead not jandar
oh yeah ... good point :p ok so just check it with someone else and i'll do it too and then i'll get back to u. is tht ok?

Reaction score
C

i think u just have to make an assumption for p2 word limit. bcuz there is no hard and fast rule for it unlike p1. what i'm going with is around 250 words for 15 marks and a little less for the 12,10 and 13 marks. i mean we do have to cover up the whole scenario too right? and around 400 for the 25 marks wud most probably do it.

Reaction score
i dont get u ? What about the word limit???
there's no specific word limit indicated in the mark scheme, so its up to you how much you write..
the time given is not too much, so consume most of your time for writing as the questions from novel require a lot of detail!

Reaction score
there's no specific word limit indicated in the mark scheme, so its up to you how much you write..
the time given is not too much, so consume most of your time for writing as the questions from novel require a lot of detail!

Do you have this year's guess paper?