• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu B - value?

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am in grade 10 and Inshallah migrating to Canada at the end of this year. I was thinking about giving Urdu second language privately, so that I have a qualification in a second language ( my country's language) as well, since I wont know any other second languages there. Is it worth it? Will this experience of Olevel urdu be of any little help possibly for future? Why Should I do so or not do so? I have time, my urdu skills are good and I am already familiar with the exam pattern and topics which I find interesting, and It wont be a burden.

Please guide me regarding this. Thank you

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am in grade 10 and Inshallah migrating to Canada at the end of this year. I was thinking about giving Urdu second language privately, so that I have a qualification in a second language ( my country's language) as well, since I wont know any other second languages there. Is it worth it? Will this experience of Olevel urdu be of any little help possibly for future? Why Should I do so or not do so? I have time, my urdu skills are good and I am already familiar with the exam pattern and topics which I find interesting, and It wont be a burden.

Ur Urdu Qualification would be recognized and an A grade would be of some worth. Although in Canada, there is no need of Urdu, Isl or Pak studies but still an A* or A grade is preferable and actually u would have given GCE O Levels which is recognized internationally. If you plan to live there permanently, I am sorry to say Urdu wont help you there in future( Only it would provide you with more chances for scholarship). Well I would say if you believe you can easily get an A or A* in urdu, then you should give it a try! International universities would ask you for Five subjects only which would include English, Mathematics and other three like sciences or business subjects!
Hope it answers to your question :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hi,

Take the exam. If not in Canada, it will definitely help you in your admissions in Pakistani Universities.

Reaction score
Hi,

Take the exam. If not in Canada, it will definitely help you in your admissions in Pakistani Universities.

For uni's inside Paksitan, not really.
The IBCC equivalence takes 5 O Levels + 3 A Levels, and the 5 O Levels do not comprise of Pak Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
For uni's inside Paksitan, not really.
The IBCC equivalence takes 5 O Levels + 3 A Levels, and the 5 O Levels do not comprise of Pak Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu.

Only if you are an International applicant. :)

Reaction score
Only if you are an International applicant. :)

Oh crap! :(

Every Tom, Dick and Harry I know said their Urdu, Pak Studies and ISlamiyat grades weren't seen. I guess I'll have to look further into it.

Reaction score
GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level are considered equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC/Intermediate) subject to meeting the specified requirement for various stream/groups as under:
i) Pre-Medical Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and three ‘A’ levels (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum E Grade.

ii) Pre-Engineering Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Biology/Computer Studies) and three ‘A’ level subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with minimum E Grade.

What scene, Nibz?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
What scene, Nibz?

Read the whole thing, dude.

It also says, " All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Mathematics along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence. "

Reaction score

It also says, " All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Mathematics along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence. "

Right. My bad.
I meant your grades in Pak Studies, Urdu and Islamiyat up there in my initial post. Though I said the same to Saad on PM, I guess I missed it here.

Reaction score

so a C is as good as an A* in equivelance when you just have to pass :(
then studying for them was terrible waste of time :cry:
i was told it had share in the aggregate produced :unsure:

Reaction score

What if someone appeared for 5 O' Level subjects out of Pakistan and A' Level in Pakistan? Will that person qualify for the equivalence?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
What if someone appeared for 5 O' Level subjects out of Pakistan and A' Level in Pakistan? Will that person qualify for the equivalence?

No. You have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies to get the equivalence certificate in such case.

Reaction score
No. You have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies to get the equivalence certificate in such case.

I've heard, only recently, that although the grades of Pakstudies, Islamiyat and Urdu aren't directly included in your equivalence, their grades do have an effect on your agg. percentage. Is that true? Could you shed some more light on it?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard, only recently, that although the grades of Pakstudies, Islamiyat and Urdu aren't directly included in your equivalence, their grades do have an effect on your agg. percentage. Is that true? Could you shed some more light on it?

The grades of these three subjects are as important as that of any other subject in the equivalence.