• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu as a second lang HELP!

Reaction score
I need some linking words and phrases for urdu essays and letters. Help plz:)

Reaction score
These are some tips i got from xpc:

ESSAYS:
For essays the easiest way to write is first make aham nuqaat(imp points) in mind and mainly concentrate on three points given in the exam NO other.Then use medium vocabulary which is easily understandable and correct but u can use high vocabulary its ur choice.Dont go for irrelevant details and best way is to divide the 3 points of essay in 50 words each .it will be easier for u.
SPEECHES:
For speeches always use the word Muazzaz Samaeen(respected viewers)After two to three lines and use medium or high vocabulary.Main thing is to understand the question read it carefully and then start writing ur speech.Give Always give intro para
LETTERS:
For letters first understand and make clear whether the letter is formal or informal if it is informal may give intro paragraph.BUT in formal letters come straight away to the point.Try to understand what the examiner wants u to write in the letter most of candidates fail so be carefull.and make sure u know the pattern of formal and informal letter.
Reports:
For reports first thing is to make a mind map.it will help a lot and then start writing like a story REMEMBER to write the date year of the incident.
Muhaware(idioms):
For idioms read them everyday u will slowly learn them.They aren’t much difficult as they mostly come in a patterwise so best way is to read them everyday.
Translation:
This part is mostly difficult for translation u need vocabulary bcs sometimes difficult words are given which candidates fail to answer.There is no need to write every word according to passage BUT never change the tense.Try to translate line by line it will be good.

Summary:
For summary first underline main points which u think are to be included in the passage.Then try to use your own words if u can it will be better.Just focus on main points don’t write irrelevant sentences or details as u have to shrink the para to ¾.

Last edited:

NIM

Reaction score
best tips!!!
Lost your Pen= No pen
No pen= No notes
No notes=No study
No study= Fail
Fail=No diploma
No diploma= No work
No work=No work
No work=No money
No money=No Food
No food= Skinny
Skinny = Ugly
Ugly = No love
No love = No marriage
No marriage = No children
No children = Alone
Alone = Depression
Depression = Sickness
Sickness = Death

Don't lose your pen, you will die......:p

Reaction score
here r some tips......i got them on xtreme papers....so shared for u.....

ESSAYS:
For essays the easiest way to write is first make aham nuqaat(imp points) in mind and mainly concentrate on three points given in the exam NO other.Then use medium vocabulary which is easily understandable and correct but u can use high vocabulary its ur choice.Dont go for irrelevant details and best way is to divide the 3 points of essay in 50 words each .it will be easier for u.
SPEECHES:
For speeches always use the word Muazzaz Samaeen(respected viewers)After two to three lines and use medium or high vocabulary.Main thing is to understand the question read it carefully and then start writing ur speech.Give Always give intro para
LETTERS:
For letters first understand and make clear whether the letter is formal or informal if it is informal may give intro paragraph.BUT in formal letters come straight away to the point.Try to understand what the examiner wants u to write in the letter most of candidates fail so be carefull.and make sure u know the pattern of formal and informal letter.
Reports:
For reports first thing is to make a mind map.it will help a lot and then start writing like a story REMEMBER to write the date year of the incident.
Muhaware(idioms):
For idioms read them everyday u will slowly learn them.They aren’t much difficult as they mostly come in a patterwise so best way is to read them everyday.
Translation:
This part is mostly difficult for translation u need vocabulary bcs sometimes difficult words are given which candidates fail to answer.There is no need to write every word according to passage BUT never change the tense.Try to translate line by line it will be good.

Summary:
For summary first underline main points which u think are to be included in the passage.Then try to use your own words if u can it will be better.Just focus on main points don’t write irrelevant sentences or details as u have to shrink the para to ¾.
thank you soooooooo much these tips are really helpful.

Reaction score
does anyone know of any urdu book that contains a list of muhaverat/idioms ?

Reaction score
not only past papers r to be done...i know! but i read from books through out the year and in my mock exams also,i practiced frm books so now i ll just do pastpapers cuz i did not do them before.....so i ll do them........what about u? how r u preparing?
lol I switched from urdu A to B in feb so haven't studies this thoughout the whole year but doing all mazmoons , takreer and reports today, as much as I can, then tomorrow all khats and mukalmas and tue only translation.. then on wed muhavrat only...

Reaction score
lol I switched from urdu A to B in feb so haven't studies this thoughout the whole year but doing all mazmoons , takreer and reports today, as much as I can, then tomorrow all khats and mukalmas and tue only translation.. then on wed muhavrat only...
okay, but don't worry because you have switched from hard to easy, urdu B needs practice and reading only. Which books are you using?

Last edited:
Reaction score
ok! but dont worry cuz u have switched from hard to easy.....urdu B needs practice and reading only......so now as time left is less so read more and then try to practice......btw which books u r using?

wahid kamar