• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

untidy work and not following exam instructions

Reaction score
in the islamiat and english paper,candidates are instructed to draw a line after every answer they give.if the candidate does not draw a line but leaves enough space in between every answer than will the examiner deduct any marks?similarly can the examiner deduct any marks on bad handwriting?in papers of chem,bio,etc if a wrong answer is crossed out and the right answer is written below it then is the examiner likely to cut marks?

Reaction score
no it does not matter as you have left space....
for handwriting,it must be clear and understandable. :)

Reaction score
thanks but one more question,n the chemistry atp paper i wrote an answer but crossed it out as it was wrong.as their was very little space in the answer space,i had to write a part of the correct answer in the space below the answer space.does this mean that marks will be deducted?

Reaction score
line doesnt matter just question number should be clear and writin should be legible !!

Reaction score
if the answer is clearly written then you will definitely get marks.......
It is very necessary that it should not confuse examiner.

Reaction score
Ha-Ha-Ha.
Don't worry, last year, I scribbled 2 whole pages of Islamiat, like extremely messy scribbling all over the place.
Nothing happened.

Reaction score
the question is
do marks get deducted if you write your answer in space additional of the given answer space?

Reaction score
mhafeez said:
the question is
do marks get deducted if you write your answer in space additional of the given answer space?
Writing everywhere is allowed expect for the margins only for Examiner use !!

Reaction score
Marks are not deducted for bad handwriting, unless it's not understandable. As far as you chemistry atp query is concerned, I did the same thing in my atp. I had to cut an answer and I wrote it at the bottom of the page by writing the question number along with it. I am sure there was no problem with it since I got a pretty good result. :)

Reaction score
today in physics papr i wrote the answer to a question and then realized that th whole of it was wrong :(
i crossed it through with a pncil and then in the epmty space below i rewrote the question and then the answer :D
ab kiya banay ga mera ?

Reaction score
mrrul3z said:
today in physics papr i wrote the answer to a question and then realized that th whole of it was wrong :(
i crossed it through with a pncil and then in the epmty space below i rewrote the question and then the answer :D
ab kiya banay ga mera ?

kch nahi, agar u have written clearly and the examiner is able to understand which questionu have answered, u will definitely get the marks!

Reaction score
yeah nothin will happen man why do u worry abt hand writing and writing below the lines,u cud use Blank pages for that matter if there were any :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
I wanted to ask that the instructions on the paper said that we have to use dark blue or black pen. In my English literature and language exams I used blue pen which I believe was not dark enough. Will I be penalized? :( One more thing: we can use ball pens. Right? :%)

Reaction score
they say dark blue because sometimes they really hav problem in reading the answer scripts as they are scanned first so if ur pen's ink is dark enough to be read after being scanned than nothing would happen./!!

I am using blue ink not light not really dark! but it can easily be read