• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

University Eligiblity

Reaction score
BS (Computer Science)
  • Eligibility
    • - At least 60% marks in Matriculation or an equivalent examination AND
    • - At least 50% marks in HSSC or an equivalent examination. Must have studied Mathematics at HSSC level. <<<< :O :O

Reaction score
I have got a really bad result in my Alevel's final. I have 3 C's in my As-level which i had hoped to maintain in my Alevels but now i have got 3 D's in my Alevel. I feel very much depressed. I was quite sure i could atleast maintain 2 of the 3 subjects but it all ended with 3 D's. I had Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

What i wanted to know if i'm still eligible to get admissions in Nust or Fast as they require 60% or above in equivilance of alevels i guess. Please i am not looking to repeat my full Alevels now. That would be too much frustrating since i would have to give all 3 full subjects.

My Nust test is on 20th August and i am on the waiting list for Fast. May Allah help me. So can someone please tell me if i can still get into Nust or Fast with these grades as i have heard these University's ask for your Alevels equvilance and that equvilance is given by combining your olevels equvilance which should be above 60% (combined).

Is that true? Since i had 79% equvilance of my olevels, how much would i end up for my alevels equivlace then?
Please some help me. In alot of pressure here. =(

Hello!
I think they require at least a "C" in A levels but your total equivalence is gonna be higher than 70% which is good.

I calculated your equivalence for Olevels + Alevels and it came to be equal to = 73%
So you don't have to worry!

Here is how I calculated your Equivalence.

Your O levels was 79% ...so to convert that into marks 0.79*900 = 711
So your O levels marks are 711/900 (79%)

Now to calculate your A level marks you got 3 D's (D= 55 marks in IBCC)
Calculation according to IBCC is (55*3)/300 * 200 that equals to 110/200 marks.
Now you total equivalence will be equal to : (O levels) + (Alevels) : (711/900) + (110/200)
This equals to 821/1100 marks which is equal to 75%

Since IBCC will deduct 2% so your final percentage for HSSC will be 73%
and yes I think you will be eligible for NUST. ::p
Good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello!
I think they require at least a "C" in A levels but your total equivalence is gonna be higher than 70% which is good.

I calculated your equivalence for Olevels + Alevels and it came to be equal to = 73%
So you don't have to worry!

Here is how I calculated your Equivalence.

Your O levels was 79% ...so to convert that into marks 0.79*900 = 711
So your O levels marks are 711/900 (79%)

Now to calculate your A level marks you got 3 D's (D= 55 marks in IBCC)
Calculation according to IBCC is (55*3)/300 * 200 that equals to 110/200 marks.
Now you total equivalence will be equal to : (O levels) + (Alevels) : (711/900) + (110/200)
This equals to 821/1100 marks which is equal to 75%

Since IBCC will deduct 2% so your final percentage for HSSC will be 73%

Good luck!
R u sure about u r method :p :D (y)

Reaction score
I did my IGCSE from Dubai and then did A-Level in 1 year from Dubai but now i am retaking A-Level in Pakistan so , Is it necessary for me to take islamiat and pak studies in IGCSE now

My Subject in IGCSE
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Information Communication Technology
Urdu
Design and Technology
English
Environment Managment

Alevel
Maths (retake)
Physics (retake)
Computing

Reaction score
I did my IGCSE from Dubai and then did A-Level in 1 year from Dubai but now i am retaking A-Level in Pakistan so , Is it necessary for me to take islamiat and pak studies in IGCSE now

My Subject in IGCSE
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Urdu
Design and Technology
English
Environment Managment

Alevel
Maths (retake)
Physics (retake)
Computing
In ibcc forum it's writen if u appear for a level in pakistan u have to appear for islamiat and pakstudies..... MAY BE not sure
:/
A) GCE ‘A’ Level and Equivalent:

GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level are considered equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC/Intermediate) subject to meeting the specified requirement for various stream/groups as under:

i) Pre-Medical Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and three ‘A’ levels (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum E Grade.

ii) Pre-Engineering Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Biology/Computer Studies) and three ‘A’ level subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with minimum E Grade.

iii) General Science Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects with three ‘A’ level subjects

iv) Humanities Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects including English and Mathematics with three ‘A’ level subjects.

a- All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Mathematics along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence.

i. If a Pakistani/dual national candidate studies and appears for examination from abroad, Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies will not be considered compulsory requirements.

Last edited:
Reaction score

My Subject in IGCSE
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Urdu
Design and Technology
English
Environment Managment

Alevel
Maths (retake)
Physics (retake)
Computing

It is better that you don't repeat from Pakistan.

But if you provide them proof that you studied abroad then I think you will not need those subjects.
Who knows, just call them and ask!