• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

University Eligiblity

Reaction score
I'm way too confused here now.

All i wanna know is that am i eligible to get into Nust or not?

Reaction score
^Mentioning it for the third time now.
I have 79% equivalence of my olevels.
I have 3 C's in As level and 3 D's in Alevel.

Didn't get my Alevels equivalence made yet.

And i had Physics, Chemistry and Maths in Alevels.

Reaction score
Edifier said:
^Mentioning it for the third time now.
I have 79% equivalence of my olevels.
I have 3 C's in As level and 3 D's in Alevel.

Didn't get my Alevels equivalence made yet.

And i had Physics, Chemistry and Maths in Alevels.
i think u can apply!! but get ur A levels equivalence first!
sorry cuz u had to mention it the third time!

Reaction score
^ lol its alright. Thank You for all the help you gave me. =)

I'll wait for a little more opinions before i take any further step.

Reaction score
Re: Re:

princesszahra said:
Edifier said:
kamina1 said:
the equivalency done by edifier just implies for FAST..coz they have their own equivalency criteria mentioned on the site..whereas NUST requires separate equivalencies..i got 78.8% in o level but am not eligible for its test coz i scored D D E in A levels..
http://www.nust.edu.pk/usr/UG-Ineligibi ... teria.aspx
But don't we get the equvilance combined of Alevels with Olevels when we give our certificates to IBCC?

Just like aquariangurl did. They take 5 subjects from our olevels and 3 subjects from our alevels and after that we get out Alevels equvilance. And that is what we submit to all univerisity's that only ask for the equvilance and not the grades.

How can we get separate equivalencies? I don't think the IBCC issues you two certificates. As in one which is Olevels and Alevels combined and one that is only Alevels seperate since your saying different university's ask for different equivlancies. That sounds total bs to me. No offence.
u have to get an equivalence certificate for O levels first!then u need to apply for A levels equivalence!!!!!and they donot take 5 subjects from O levels!!!
A level equivalence is of 3 subjects only!!
Erm..In the end, it's a single equivalency certificate =/ Where they take 5 of your O level subjects & 3 of your A level. That's what all the senior students have told me. & yes, they're in major places like GCU, FAST, NUST & KEMU. They can't be wrong you know =/

Reaction score
^Yup your right.

I just confirmed this from my sister who is now in 3rd year studying in Nust. She told me they ask for the Alevels equvilance and that equvilance is made by IBCC by choosing 3 subjects of the Alevels and 5 subjects of Olevels.

Reaction score
hey i will recommend you take a lap year. retake these 3 subjects with more focused approach. And prepare for the admission tests of your desired universities in the lap year. built a good portfolio and then apply for the best uni's in Pak. take full advantage of lap year.

Reaction score
Edifier said:
^Yup your right.

I just confirmed this from my sister who is now in 3rd year studying in Nust. She told me they ask for the Alevels equvilance and that equvilance is made by IBCC by choosing 3 subjects of the Alevels and 5 subjects of Olevels.

hey ask her what are the chances ,for students like us, of getting in NUST..if we perform well in entry test..!

Reaction score
rviboy said:
hey i will recommend you take a lap year. retake these 3 subjects with more focused approach. And prepare for the admission tests of your desired universities in the lap year. built a good portfolio and then apply for the best uni's in Pak. take full advantage of lap year.
Actually i might have to take a lap year but the thing is retaking all the 3 subjects is gonna be pretty hard since there is now validity of your As-level which you might know about. As in i would have to appear in both As and A2 (full) if i would have to retake. My As-level grades would not be carry forward since they were valid for only 13 months that is from May/June 2010 to May/June 2011.

So i'm really praying and hoping that InshAllah i get admitted in Nust or Fast this year.
kamina1 said:
Edifier said:
^Yup your right.

hey ask her what are the chances ,for students like us, of getting in NUST..if we perform well in entry test..!
Well there are some students who did get into Nust with these grades. What Nust actually does is that it gives 75% weightage to your Entry test and 25% weightage to your olevels equvilance and they only require you to have 60% above equvialnce in your As-level and A2 when your applying and your A2 result is pending like in the case of our.

If (Allah forbid) i take a gap year then Nust would give 75% weightage to Entry test, 15% to Olevels equvilance and 10% to Alevels equvilance.

So i really am praying that InshAllah i get admitted by Nust this year.

Reaction score
Found this link for Alevels Equvilance method from IBCC which is totally correct.
http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/notifications.htm

So i guess i was right in the end after all. :p

The 5 selective subjects of Olevels are Maths, Islamiyat, Urdu, Pak.st and English. And if your a Pre-engineering student then Physics, Chemistry and Maths from your Alevels and that is how we get our equvilance.

Reaction score
ok you want to apply to nust ,giki,fast and uet ..and your grades are 3 ds rite
for nust= i think you are applicable min is d (do well in test)
giki = no min is c there (admissions are over i guess you gave the test ???)
fast= yes you are applicable depends on your test 100%
uet = you grades might just not be enough for you to get into uet

best option give nust and hope for best god forbids if you fail then,give sat ....next year go for giki as no 1 option and nust 2 get a score above 2300 atleast for giki and about 2000 for nust in sat 2.....apply for nust test next time too

or option 2 improve your alevels grades...then sit in giki,nust and lums sse test....you never know with these entry tests i with straight a's failed giki and my friend with 2 as and b passed it :) i am myself from nust ...so i say maybe you can still end up in nust this year keep your hopes high ..my best friend in nust had 3 cs and a b ..so test is the key :) god bless you

Reaction score
^ Thank you for the support. ^_^

I would gladly choose option 1 but i think your wrong about giki accepting SAT scores since i did apply to Giki this year and they were only accepting SAT II scores of international students.

Other then that retaking Alevels seems too horrifying right now. I need everyone's prayer that InshAllah i get accepted by Nust or Fast this year. =)

Reaction score
P.s. I am amused by the number of views of this thread.
Seems like everybody's trying to seek an answer for their eligibility after the result. :p

Reaction score
kamina1 said:
is there any other session like winter or spring for FAST or other unis.?
I heard they have another admission session in January. Don't know if it's true.
Btw there is Comsats which has 2 admission sessions per year.

Reaction score
Could someone tell me that after i get my equivilance made of my Alevels can i still retake my exams or is that not even possible?

Reaction score
any student of Quid Azam university here or anyone looking forward to go there ? if yes then i have some questions nd need ur help. thanks