• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Unit 3B Chemistry :) How was the exams? Comment here :P

Reaction score
wooow, so you got 100%? that's brillliant! how did you studyy so well for it?
:p Thank you. I only had chemistry in January, so I had a lot of time to revise. Basically made notes from mark-schemes, went through revision book and did all past papers twice 0.o

Reaction score
For question 1 - I wrote something about the reaction being very exothermic/volatile
2 - I think it should have been something about the drying agent but I wrote some fake stuff (water/needs further distillation)
3-
i wrote reaction is exothermic only...is it okay?

Reaction score
and bro for the question which says WHAT YOU SEE.....i thnk writing bubbles seen and solid decreases in size is wrong? i wrote similar to that stuff...:(

No bubble is correct _ either you write bubble of gas or effervescence. Solid decrease in size? that sounds wrong because the reactants are HI(g) and H2SO4(aq) there is no solid :). If you said a "grey solid" is formed that's right.

Reaction score
No bubble is correct _ either you write bubble of gas or effervescence. Solid decrease in size? that sounds wrong because the reactants are HI(g) and H2SO4(aq) there is no solid :)
some people say that what u c shud be stuff like yellow solid ...... not bubbles and tht stuff

Reaction score
some people say that what u c shud be stuff like yellow solid ...... not bubbles and tht stuff

I disagree _ when you have the first reaction, you will get HI(g) which will form bubble ; some of it will escape while the remaining will react with H2SO4 to form Hydrogen sulfide gas( again another bubble) and Iodine. You'll also get misty fumes

Reaction score
I disagree _ when you have the first reaction, you will get HI(g) which will form bubble ; some of it will escape while the remaining will react with H2SO4 to form Hydrogen sulfide gas( again another bubble) and Iodine.
then thats good for me and u bro !