• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Ungraded

Reaction score
Hello,

I have received some horrid grades from my AS Level May/June examinations. Luckily, i passed in my school, so they will let me resit the exams. I have received 'ungraded' on subjects in which i thought I was good at.. I mean, can you blame me? I never got less than 80% in certain subjects, and I was a model student for those classes... yet i get ungraded? How?!

I going to resit my exams in October/November, but I will also go to classes for Year 13. I have 1 month left to re-revise three subjects. Is it feasible? I am extremely worried. I don't want to re-do a year. I'm highly considering cancelling my internet subscription because it's my biggest problem.

EDIT: I'm not going to lie, it's going to be a challenge not using the computer as often as I do.. Especially with the new highly anticipated games like GTA V coming out soon.

Reaction score
Games like GTA V would keep on coming but the time before exams won't come once it's gone. Getting 80% in a certain subject and then falling to to a U grade suddenly may be a result of lack of concentration or over confidence. 1 month to revise is fine but make sure you don't repeat the mistakes that you made before. Whatever happened is your 'past' , better work for future now. Don't be worried, leave behind all the distractions and start working.

Reaction score
Games like GTA V would keep on coming but the time before exams won't come once it's gone. Getting 80% in a certain subject and then falling to to a U grade suddenly may be a result of lack of concentration or over confidence. 1 month to revise is fine but make sure you don't repeat the mistakes that you made before. Whatever happened is your 'past' , better work for future now. Don't be worried, leave behind all the distractions and start working.

great response, thank you. Just a question, are the rumors that Oct/Nov exams are more difficult than May/June? It kind of seems cruel for CIE to try and make people who want to improve their grades fail.

Reaction score
great response, thank you. Just a question, are the rumors that Oct/Nov exams are more difficult than May/June? It kind of seems cruel for CIE to try and make people who want to improve their grades fail.

No, there is nothing like that at all, It's just a rumor.

Reaction score

Its true here's ur proof compare the two links for any subject :):
for may/june
http://www.cie.org.uk/docs/qualifications/alevel/Global Grading Statistics - A Level June12.pdf
and for oct/nov:
http://www.cie.org.uk/docs/qualifications/alevel/Global Grading Statistics - A Level Nov12.pdf

Reaction score

That is inaccurate. The reason for which this may be is, most exams passed in Oct/Nov are re-sits. Why do people take re-sits? Because they did not achieve their expected grades. That being said, people who failed the first time are more likely to fail the second time. Also, the number of candidates is smaller, thus you cannot have an accurate comparison.

Reaction score
That is inaccurate. The reason for which this may be is, most exams passed in Oct/Nov are re-sits. Why do people take re-sits? Because they did not achieve their expected grades. That being said, people who failed the first time are more likely to fail the second time. Also, the number of candidates is smaller, thus you cannot have an accurate comparison.

This is on the official site of Cie! Im not saying by myself and ps: I gave oct/nov and may/june papers! Trust me may/june are hell easy and oct/nov are tough!

Reaction score
This is on the official site of Cie! Im not saying by myself and ps: I gave oct/nov and may/june papers! Trust me may/june are hell easy and oct/nov are tough!

I am not attacking the source's credibility. I am simply stating that this is not a fair comparison. The conditions in both examination sessions are different. Besides, it doesn't matter to me. I'll practice Oct/Nov past paper. I think that was my problem for May/June. I couldn't be bothered doing past papers, and I regret that now.

Reaction score
I am not attacking the source's credibility. I am simply stating that this is not a fair comparison. The conditions in both examination sessions are different. Besides, it doesn't matter to me. I'll practice Oct/Nov past paper. I think that was my problem for May/June. I couldn't be bothered doing past papers, and I regret that now.

I am not discouraging u! Definitely ppl get A*s in Oct/Nov too but its a lil tough but ur determination say now u'll get A*!! (y) keep it up :)