• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Unexpectedly bad AS result!!HELP!!!!!!!

Reaction score
So i got two Bs in chem and physics As which is well below what i expected!I'm a straight A/A* student and I worked really hard and my papers went well.So how come I get Bs?What should I do now give the papers for recheck cause no one my parents or teachers believe that i got Bs and they suggested rechecking.So should I go for it?Can anyone share their experiences about recheck?And should i give a retake or composite or just study double hard for A2 to get an overall A?Because I want to get A* at A level and because of my AS result im still in shock!! :shock: :O: :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :(

Reaction score
listen pal relax...it happens......well i would like to suggest you that never go for rechecking it never worth's anyways give them again in october Nov especially physics and give chemistry composite because in A2 u have to revise AS too but problem is practical you gotta be good at that too...and dont be worry u must be unlucky try hard again INSHALLAH u will gets A's............

Reaction score
Octahedral, First please go to your school & check your individual grades, If your B is at the border, like you were almost going to get a C & got a B, repeat your AS papers along with your A2 next year, but IF your B is pretty high, then work hard to get an A in your A2, I'm sure you'll be able to score an A. Rechecking usually is a waste of money, Though it's completely your choice!

Reaction score
go for recheking coz seems u r a very gud student..i suggest u get them recheked

Reaction score
WELL WELL........... rechecking is rarely successful 1-2 % get grades improved and if ur lucky enough u will get ur grades improved...........otherwise go for reappearing............

Reaction score
I would advice you to follow aquariangurl's suggestion. If it's required, you can reappear in the coming June along with your A2 exams.

Reaction score
Am I missing something, I've heard component grades were not released in this session ...