• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ukcat question

Reaction score
hi ,
as u all now ukcat isnt as easy as school exam ...
i find difficulty in understanding a graph . if someone can help me that will be great "

eg .if to go from athens to london .. what will be the distance ?

Attachments

• image9.1.jpg
    image9.1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
hi ,
as u all now ukcat isnt as easy as school exam ...
i find difficulty in understanding a graph . if someone can help me that will be great "

There will be a scale somewhere around the graph which will tell you its conversions. For e.g 1o miles can be represented by a cm. Did you by any chance manage to find any tuition for ukcat in Lahore? or BMAT?

Jaf

Reaction score
2400 km. I'm sorry, how is that not obvious? I haven't really seen uhm tables like these before myself but it took me like 20 seconds to figure it out (assuming I have figured it out right :unsure:).

What went through my mind while figuring it out is simple but extremely tough to put in words. I've made an attempt below (it's not as complex as I made it look, I know but I'm a lousy teacher, sorry :/ ).
My thought process: The column right under the name of each city, and the row to the left of each city, belongs to the city. So the first column (tallest, starting from left) belongs to London, second one to Paris and the third (shortest) one belongs to Rome. Athens has no column underneath it. Like wise, first row (longest, starting from bottom) belongs to Athens, second to Rome, so on and so forth. Now to find the distance between two cities, the cell which is the intersection of the column of one city and the row of another shows the distance between them. Distance between London and Paris is 340km since it's London's column and Paris's row, between London and Athens is 2400 since it's London's column and Athen's row.

Hope you get it. I'm looking for UKCAT books too! Let me know if you find anything.

But believe me quantitative reasoning/decision analysis are the least of our troubles in the UKCAT. Abstract reasoning is simply undoable most of the time (at least for me). You're never sure of the answer. The pattern can virtually be ANYTHING: angles, # of sides, length of sides, color, shape whatever. :(