• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

UK Universities

Reaction score
Are these IGCSE grades accepted by top UK universitities
Maths-A*
Physics-A*
Chemistry-A*
Biology-A*
English Second language-A*
English First Language-B
I.C.T-A*
Environmental Management-A*
Are these enough or should i do more
I am also doing 3A levels and 1 AS

Reaction score
Grades aren't the only things which matter in admissions to top universities.. you currently have 7A* and a B in O levels which are good enough.

Get some internships.. win a few national awards.. Maintain your grades.. have some hobbies.. write a well-balanced personal statement and then there will be a good chance.

Also only take A-Levels related towards your field. like for Sciences one should take Physics Chemistry Math (Eng.), Bio (Med.) if taking 3 subjects.

However the most desired combination for Engineering would be Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (Accelerated) followed by Further Maths the next year.

Reaction score
My school doesnt offer further maths

What are you opting for? What Degree you have in mind? and what speciality?

another combination I see with a lot of people is Physics Chemistry Mathematics and Economics which is an excellent combination imo.

or take Physics Chemistry and Mathematics only along with an AS in a humanitarians subject. Remember that the level of study required at A Levels (especially the jump from O levels to AS Level is a huge leap.) so don't stress yourself with a lot of subjects and only take subjects which interest you.

Reaction score
Chemical engineering. I am planning to take A level Maths, Physics and Chemistry. And AS ICT or AS Environmental Management

Reaction score
but in UK or any other international university gives admission on basis of A Levels result ignoring O levels top results..
Am I right?or I am right.

Reaction score
In UK its based on meeting upto the tariff needs for the course basing them on your Alevels gaining you a full credit and AS with half. They vary from university to university and do keep a check on the UCAS and be in constant contact with the universities you are looking into.
First select 5 and then submit them in the UCAS, after receiving the conditions do remember that you have to meet upto them
you can only reply to the offer of two universities. On a safer side do apply for a university with direct application

Reaction score
To be honest, it is not that difficult to get offers from the good universities in the UK unless:

1. You're applying for Medicine.
2. You're applying to Oxbridge.

They mostly care about your A Level results; your O Levels/IGCSE actually don't mean too much, but it's good to have good grades like you do and what you have is definitely enough! One of my friends had mostly B's and C's for his IGCSE's but managed to get AAAB for his AS, and ended up with an offer from University of Edinburgh! Focus on your AS/AL grades, and try to get good predicted grades (they are very important!). If you do well in AS and have good predicted grades, it's very likely that you'll get offers from top tier institutions like Warwick, LSE, UCL, Imperial, etc.

You'd be applying as an international student, so your chances of getting in are much higher (read: they want your money). I say this from experience because even though my AS grades were pretty bad (ACCC, then I upgraded 2 of those C's to B's), I got an offer from Durham! It would be even easier for you if you get all A's for your AS before you apply. My advise: apply to two non-Oxbridge, top-tier institutions (Russell group universities, Imperial College, etc.) and 2 mid-tier universities like Lancaster, and save one as your worst-case-scenario choice... A university you're definitely bound to get into!