• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Travel and Tourism or Geography? Advice please!

Reaction score
I'll be taking my second round of IGCSEs in May/June, and I've been thinking about what subjects to take. I'm aiming for the Cambridge ICE as well, and I'm pretty sure about most of the subjects I want to take in the categories wanted, except the Humanities/Social Studies subject group.

Earlier I wanted to do Religious Studies, but then I couldn't get the books needed, and here in Jeddah they don't administer that exam. And it involved a lot of long answer writing stuff, which I'm not so good at.

I also wanted to do Sociology, I bought the book too, but then when I started studying for it I realized that I didn't like it at all, and it was quite hard for me. It also involved a lot of long answer writing in the exam, so I dropped it.

Then now I have 2 choices -- Travel & Tourism or Geography.

I don't know which of them to choose -- I read both syllabuses and they seemed fine to me -- except for the fact that I would have to register in some center outside Saudi Arabia if I wanted to do Travel & Tourism because it is also not administered here.

What do you think? Do I go for Travel & Tourism, or Geography?

P.S: I also want to mention that I will be taking quite a number of exams along with them, Phys, Chem, Arabic and Computer Studies (also not administered here, any ideas where I'll be able to do it?); and maybe one or two more if I don't do well this time.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Go for Geography. Carries a better recognition.

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Go for Geography. Carries a better recognition.

Hmmmm. Why would I better do an IGCSE that carries a better recognition? I thought that unis only looked at my AS & A2 Ls?

Anyway, thanks for your advice, nibz.

Bouchra