• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

transcript

Reaction score
hello guys i am really tensed.... Dont have a goo transcript but a good 0 level result.... i want to apply in lums Acf... what is the importance of transcript?

Reaction score
Topic moved under the correct section

Transcripts are an alternative to the AS level examinations and it shows how you have progressed at the Advanced level after acing your Ordinary levels. Transcripts do count when differentiating b/w two students who have both done well in O'levels, but if you ace the entry test, LCAT or SSE, then it won't really matter.

Reaction score
thanks boi..... so getting into lums is purely on Lcat and the O levels basis .. plus fullfilling the A level condition....
dont feel theres any such importance for transcripts as private canidates are also admittied into lums.

Reaction score
But if you do have a transcript and it's BAD, then who are they going to accept? The one without a transcript (private candidates) or the one with a poor result? Private candidates usually appear in AS level examinations.

Reaction score
having an excellent result in O levels and scoring high in lcat as well as having bad transcript (not given As level)....... will be enough for the lums?

Reaction score
Yes! How bad is your transcript? :O It also depends on how excellent your result is? These days only 8As cannot be considered very great. You've got to have atleast of them to be stars.

Reaction score
i have 5 A , 3 A * and a B....
my final A level in the first year was 3 Cs and a B :/ which is going in my transcript
plus I am giving all my subjects this may/june.

Reaction score
Not a bad O'levels result but just give your best in LCAT if you want to get in. You HAVE to ACE it.

Reaction score
in my preception theres a weitage given to everthing... keeping aside the A Level requirment B,B,C....
the priorities are as follow
1, LCAT (90percent weitage)
2, Olevel result
3, Tnascript

Reaction score
Leave all these perceptions aside and concentrate on what you can do. Only LCAT is in your hand now, given that you can't improve your transcript and O'levels. So do what you can.

Reaction score
I have 6 A's and 2B'sin O level
and transcript of internal school based exams is pretty bad :(
it's like B,C,D,D

what do you think about me !!
people admitted already in lums say that transcripts really don't matter its all about entry test and good O level result , which starts from 6 A's onwards