• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Total CONFUSION!!! Please help everyone!

Reaction score
hey all, Alhamdulillah i have been selected for Mechanical Engineering in PIEAS, GIKI and NUST and now i'm unable to decide where to pay the fees and the deadlines are approacing :/. Please help me out with your opinions that which is the best for ME in all regards: academics+grooming+professional development+labs etc. Thanks!

Reaction score
hey all, Alhamdulillah i have been selected for Mechanical Engineering in PIEAS, GIKI and NUST and now i'm unable to decide where to pay the fees and the deadlines are approacing :/. Please help me out with your opinions that which is the best for ME in all regards: academics+grooming+professional development+labs etc. Thanks!
wow man congrats first (y)
now you have got the best institutions there are present, and there are lengthy debates on it
i tried comparing unis only once (CAE vs IST) and never tried again:p
because in short ,the opinions are highly personalised, everyone says theirs is best leading to quite a confusion :confused:
one simple thing is that you choose the one with higher merit, they tend to be better
or you decide by their international or HEC rankings
or you simply see which is nearer to your home and get on with it ;)

Reaction score
wow! Congratulations!! :)
well that's confusing! if u go with HEC's ranking, PIEAS is leading..i dnt know abt the teaching style or stuff, i guess its similar to that of FSC
they say that GIKI is hard to survive in plus they follow Cambridge type system (that's a good thing if u have done A/O levels)
NUST is also good, follows FSC system
if I were u, and if my background was of o/a level, I must have opted GIKI
survival's a bit hard here, so think abt everything and then decide

Reaction score
Sorry I'm late withe replying but personally I would have preferred NUST.
This comes from a guy who got into PIEAS, GIKI, LUMS for Electrical Engineering but got a low merit for NUST (1513) so cant go for EE there.
Lets not go into detail but GIKI wasn't really on top of my priority list. PIEAS is a bit too boring/dry for my type but if you are studious i guess no place like it. Its the books and you. Labs brought in from Germany, top notch faculty plus if they offer you jobs at PAEC with pay scales 3-4 times that of ordinary engineers plus benefits of an equivalent. The minimum you serve is 5 years and now working at PAEC is no longer a very restricted environment as it used to be.
Personally I think its the best place if you want to work at NESCOM. Meaning job security is pretty solid.

I like NUST better due to more co-curricular opportunites, better university life, the second best place to apply at NESCOM and/or other engineering sectors, more known. I guess better facilities too.

If you need to ask anything else, give me a message.

Reaction score
Firstly, Congratulations!

Secondly, I'm not an engineering student (I'm a Pakistani premedical student who has gotten admission to study medicine in Pavia University Italy this year after passing IMAT and am deciding whether to study in Pak or Italy). , but choosing a university is a very difficult decision to make. I would go with NUST because its a renowned university internationally (1268th in the world this year and between 400-450 last year http://www.topuniversities.com/node/9274/ranking-details/world-university-rankings/2012), and 120th in Asia. Plus, it tops the ranking list of universities in Pakistan (http://www.4icu.org/pk/). So, it gives you better studying facilitites (libraries, labs, latest equipment etc), qualified professors, better job prospects, studying environment and greater domestic and international opportunities, not to mention more opportunities to take part in exchange programs to other countries (http://nust.edu.pk/INSTITUTIONS/Sch...es/Student-Professional-exchange-program.aspx). It's gonna be a lifetime experience well worth it.

The final decision is yours to make though. All the Best!

Reaction score
I opted GIKI as its the best for Mechanical Engineering and as Tayyba said has Cambridge type system teaching. Plus GIKI has a solid base in "Engineering".

Reaction score
I opted GIKI as its the best for Mechanical Engineering and as Tayyba said has Cambridge type system teaching. Plus GIKI has a solid base in "Engineering".
Good luck for ur studies and for ur stay at GIKI :)
Never ever give up and study hard :)

Reaction score
No doubt GIKI is the best place to study Mechanical engineering . I got into computer engineering in GIKI but i dont like CE, so going for NUST Chemical engineering instead ;). GOOD LUCK !!

Reaction score
No doubt GIKI is the best place to study Mechanical engineering . I got into computer engineering in GIKI but i dont like CE, so going for NUST Chemical engineering instead ;). GOOD LUCK !!
Thanks! Best of luck to you as well :)