• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Thoughts on 9709/42 M1 2017

Reaction score
Np! I thought it was alright as long as one didn't discuss solutions...Thanks for reminding me !

Last edited:
Reaction score
P1 was different aswell and more or less difficult! So I suppose the GT should be relatively low in general, also for A *.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Idk a lot of people were saying p1 was very easy. Was that the same reaction in ur batch?

Reaction score
I found the paper quite difficult, but I think I've got around 47-48... How about the rest?
I am expecting around the same range. Also to the ones I have talked are expecting around this same number like 30-50. The grade boundary is goin 2 be low for this may june year I guess

Reaction score
I messed up in the 8 marks question because i wrote the wrong sign. My method's right though. Do they award marks for that?

Reaction score
I messed up in the 8 marks question because i wrote the wrong sign. My method's right though. Do they award marks for that?

Ofcourse they give marks for method. Because my methods right too like either half way or just the beginning part but they would give some marks atleast for working or dealing with the solution. Most of the times you dont get a full zero on a numerical unless u have some relevant working shown.

Reaction score
Ofcourse they give marks for method. Because my methods right too like either half way or just the beginning part but they would give some marks atleast for working or dealing with the solution. Most of the times you dont get a full zero on a numerical unless u have some relevant working shown.
Ah, that's relieving! Thanks for letting me know. :)

Reaction score
ugh I messed up a lot which is disappointing.Like,if luck favors me and I somehow get method marking,I may get 39/40.This is so heavily in contrast with PI where I am expecting 70. Do you guys still think I might get an A?

Reaction score
ugh I messed up a lot which is disappointing.Like,if luck favors me and I somehow get method marking,I may get 39/40.This is so heavily in contrast with PI where I am expecting 70. Do you guys still think I might get an A?
The A range is mostly around 35-45 so I suppose you may still get an A and apparently the gt is going to be low so you may be lucky!