• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

those who will give pakistan's engineering uni's entry test in 2013

did this thread help you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
My friend got 115 in the net entry test with 800 in matric and 457 in fsc part 1. He expects almost 900 in the final fsc result which we all are sure he will get ( in matric he had an operation just weeks before exams therefore had gotten less result ) do you think he will get admission in nust?? Reply plz
i have no idea, I hope someone here will help u :)

Reaction score
Where is NED and GIKI?
What is uni??
Does SAT 1 Complete course is in LCAT like critical reading,writing and maths? or Somethings are skipped?
How to prep for LCAT ?
:(
LCAT go for SAT books
SAT books contain complete course for LCAT
uni short for university, if this is wt u were asking
"Where is NED and GIKI?" I didn't get this question of your's
inbox me if u still have any confusion

Reaction score
Yar i am so confused, my merit was 1672 at GIKI so i am on waiting list. Nust ka result release nai hua hai and FAST mein i have been selected for BE electrical engineering. FAST(KARACHI) has asked me to deposit 98000Rs into their bank by 25th of July. I dont have much time to decide where to go. What should i do
I am gonna inbox u

Reaction score
you got accepted by lums.. so what were ur grades?
well in O'Level I had 6A's and 3B's
A'Level B,C,D was gonna get rejected anyways becuaz of D. everything happens for good and I am glad that I didn't get approved for financial aid, becuaz if I did I must have skipped entry test's of all other uni's and would have wasted my whole one year.

Reaction score
LCAT go for SAT books
SAT books contain complete course for LCAT
uni short for university, if this is wt u were asking
"Where is NED and GIKI?" I didn't get this question of your's
inbox me if u still have any confusion
I asked where is Giki in pakistan and NED , NAME THE CITY?
because I Live in LAHORE!!

Reaction score
A'Level B,C,D was gonna get rejected anyways becuaz of D. everything happens for good and I am glad that I didn't get approved for financial aid, becuaz if I did I must have skipped entry test's of all other uni's and would have wasted my whole one year.
I thought 1D is good but more than that is BAD!!
In which month LUMS test is held and would i be able to prepare if i start now?
What is financial aid? To whom it is given?
SORRY for bothering too much!!:(

Reaction score
I thought 1D is good but more than that is BAD!!
In which month LUMS test is held and would i be able to prepare if i start now?
What is financial aid? To whom it is given?
SORRY for bothering too much!!:(
1C is good, only one C, same requirement for the GIKI too..
I had my test last year in February..LCAT test is quite easy, start preparing now if u want to ace the test.
Financial aid is like concession in fee (LUMS is quite expensive) u have to apply here while applying for the admission.its is given to the deserving students and the deserving ones are selected by a special committee.
hey no problem. u can ask me anything any time
u can inbox me or u can ask me here
never ever feel that u are bothering me, I am here to help u people

Reaction score
I scored 3A*,5A,1C(english) in O level, are you sure that i could get admission
5 subjects in A level

Reaction score
I scored 3A*,5A,1C(english) in O level, are you sure that i could get admission
5 subjects in A level
grades aren't that bad, u can get admission.. I knw many people with excellent grades bt they were rejected by LUMS
at the end,its all how u perform in ur entry test..Ace the entry test
work on ur English and mathematical skills, they will get u into LUMS

Reaction score
what is the minimum grade requirement of NUST like LUMS requires BBC and so does IBA and GIK has similar while NED has equilance of 65 percent + Tayyba

Reaction score
ELIGIBILITY & INELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

Eligibility​

• For admission in NUST, eligibility criteria is strictly followed.​
  • A minimum of 60% aggregate marks each in Matric and FSc / FA / equivalent exams is required.​
  • O & A level and other non-FSc stream candidates need to obtain equivalence certificates from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Pakistan.
what is the minimum grade requirement of NUST like LUMS requires BBC and so does IBA and GIK has similar while NED has equilance of 65 percent + Tayyba
link:http://www.nust.edu.pk/Admissions/Under-Graduate/Pages/Eligibility-Criteria.aspx

Reaction score
Hey i got 2A's ,5b and1 c in o levels.i gave my as level exam this year and i got horrible result so i am going to reappear for these exams.i am planning to give my sat exam in january.i wil apply to lums,uet and fast.pls i need your help regarding tests which i will be required to give.pls help me out i dont know anything about these test

Reaction score
Hey i got 2A's ,5b and1 c in o levels.i gave my as level exam this year and i got horrible result so i am going to reappear for these exams.i am planning to give my sat exam in january.i wil apply to lums,uet and fast.pls i need your help regarding tests which i will be required to give.pls help me out i dont know anything about these test

for Pakistani uni's u dont need to give any extra tests
u can give NTS, its useful for COMSATS and few other Uni's too
SAT can be useful for some universites as some uni's have seperate quotas for it.
then there's ECAT which is conducted by the government for the government based Universities. for example UET

every other private uni like LUMS,FAST,GIKI,NUST etc conduct their own entry test. try ur best to get atleast 1 C grade and not less than that in ur A'levels becuaz if u do so, u will nt be fulfiiling the admission requirements and the application will be rejected straightaway :(
if u still have any query, u can ask me here or message me anytime
i will try to reply asap :)

Reaction score
Thnx alot for this...the piece of info that you gave me were of great help.but there are still more things that are bothering me.So you are saying that i only have to take nts and thats it.and what about private unis,is nts necessary for them as well? I also wanted to ask about lums admission,i heard thats lums shortlist students sumwhr in april....so on what basis do they shortlist students...do they look at our sat and lcat marks only?are they going to look at our as level result as well even though if im reappearing in those papers??????and i want to knw abt nts...what kind of test is itt???i tried searching for nts on internet but i wasnot of any help.

Reaction score
NTS is necessary for a few universities, as far as i know,u can apply to COMSAT on the basis of ur nts score
http://www.nts.org.pk/_ops_sec/products/nat/NAT.asp
http://www.nts.org.pk/_ops_sec/products/nat/NATSchedule.asp
i didnt gave the test because i was intersted in other uni's, lekin i think u should
sorry that i forgot the name :(
it's NAT conducted by NTS
i will let u know pakka wala after asking frm few people, its been a year so dnt remmeber things that well
many universities simply accept the result of their entry test's, they dnt give importance to NTS, for such uni's u have to appear in their tests
yes,lums starts sending out aceptance letter in april, LUMS gives a LOT of importance to ur grades, ur grades are also necessary, if u think that they are that bad, dnt send them ur AS level result..they ask u to submit ur final A'Level result for the confirmation of ur admission (if u get accepted), if u get less than C, u are rejected straightaway

Reaction score
u can ask as many questions as u like :) i think u should start fsc syllabus asap, do in little bits everyday. divide it into 4-5 moths schedule. in the end, it willnt cause burden of any type. well i am nt sure abt NED and not 100% sure abt nust too, give them a call, i dont want to misguide u
if u give SAT u can also apply abroad. thats the biggest advantage of giving SAT
btw which university are you aiming at?
yes for all universities u DO apply by olevel + alevel + entry test. thing is, NUST gives u a choice to either apply on SAT basis or entry test (u can apply through both also). so basically SAT is an alternative way of application in universities (NUST and NED only in Pakistan).
if u, for example, apply to LUMS or GIKI, providing SAT score wont mean u dont have to appear for the entry test. but a good SAT score MIGHT give u an andvantage in getting admission.
you dont use O/A grades exactly.u have to get an equivalence certificate.
Hey I need a little help about the university admissions...are you sure that NUST accepts SAT scores instead of the entry test? and how much score do you think is needed to get admission? I got an avrg score (1990/2400) in SAT 1 and SAT 2 Bio 730 Phys 690..would that be enough? And what other universities can I apply to without having to study FSc? I am applying to LUMS as well but iv heard their SSE test is really tough....Can you guide me a little please

Reaction score
Hey I need a little help about the university admissions...are you sure that NUST accepts SAT scores instead of the entry test? and how much score do you think is needed to get admission? I got an avrg score (1990/2400) in SAT 1 and SAT 2 Bio 730 Phys 690..would that be enough? And what other universities can I apply to without having to study FSc? I am applying to LUMS as well but iv heard their SSE test is really tough....Can you guide me a little please
yes it does but it has a fixed quota for SAT applicants. and the number of seats for SAT applicants is very small.
They donot have a fixed score that'll make you safe for admission, so one cant really be sure. Given the small number of seats for SAT and tougher competition, that score probably isn't enough. There are people here with perfect SAT scores.
SSE is hard, but that is the same for everyone so it balances out. you've only got to do better than the others.
All the major university's tests require you to study fsc, mainly because fsc is a lot more detailed than A'levels.

Reaction score
yes it does but it has a fixed quota for SAT applicants. and the number of seats for SAT applicants is very small.
They donot have a fixed score that'll make you safe for admission, so one cant really be sure. Given the small number of seats for SAT and tougher competition, that score probably isn't enough. There are people here with perfect SAT scores.
SSE is hard, but that is the same for everyone so it balances out. you've only got to do better than the others.
All the major university's tests require you to study fsc, mainly because fsc is a lot more detailed than A'levels.
Thanks a lot for the help, I think I better start preparing FSc:unsure:
Do you know about the SSE, I mean do you think I should revise all of the A-levels or are just the SATs enough?
sorry if Im asking too many question Im really worried