• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Thinking Skills paper 42

Reaction score
Hello guys, okay so i need an urgent reply on this from people who have or are already appearing for thinking skills A level. There is a question on paper 4 that says that we need to Analyse (unpack) the arguement by stating its conclusion, intermediate conclusion, Counter-arguement and reasons. My question is can we state these in a bullet or point format as in marking schemes. E.g:

-Conclusion: aaa ssss sdddd sdsdsdsd....
-Intermediate conclusion: sdasdas sadasd sad sad sa
Resons:.........

OR
Do we need to unpack it in an essay format, like continuous form. I am worried about this formatting because there are some subjects where you cannot just state answers in a point or bullet format, is analyse question an exception?

Awaiting a Speedy response! :)

Reaction score
You would have to write it in a prose form.
You're answers should be written in clear, simple language. Avoid posing complex ideas, that you can't explain thoroughly.
And be objective, first write about you're remarks on the argument.
Then present the reasons which support you're point of view, and then write you're conclusion.
And relax, i am positive that 42 would not be as bad as P1

Reaction score
P.S , in question involving analysis prefer to write short sentences. But its okay to do otherwise...

Reaction score
basilisk said:
You would have to write it in a prose form.
You're answers should be written in clear, simple language. Avoid posing complex ideas, that you can't explain thoroughly.
And be objective, first write about you're remarks on the argument.
Then present the reasons which support you're point of view, and then write you're conclusion.
And relax, i am positive that 42 would not be as bad as P1

Yea i know we need to write in prose format as far as questions regarding further arguement are concerned. But my question was about 'anaylse' question where you just state(label) parts of argument without commenting on their strengths or weaknesses e.t.c. You can check May 2011 P4 as a reference as paper format has changed dramatically. However I think sticking to the prose format would be a better option just to be on the safe side. :)