• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

there will be no curve in june 2010 check this

Reaction score
Grade threshold Percentage uniform
A* 90
A 80
B 70
C 60
D 50
E 40
F (Cambridge IGCSE only) 30
G (Cambridge IGCSE only) 20

Reaction score
lets say that one person got a full mark in math paper 2
the the A* gonna be 90% times 70 which is equal to 63
A is equal to 80% times 70 which is equal to 56

Reaction score
The article mentions this:
If a student achieves 100 percentage uniform
marks, did they achieve full marks?
Not necessarily. It is possible for a student to achieve
100 percentage uniform marks without achieving full
marks on the question papers.
that means there r curves for each question paper isnt it???

Reaction score
"Is the percentage uniform mark the same as the actual mark that the candidate obtains on the question paper?

No. The percentage uniform mark is not the same as the actual mark that the candidate obtains on the question paper, since it depends on the position of the grade thresholds (which may vary from one session to another and from one subject to another) and it has been converted into a percentage. The percentage uniform mark will always be calculated out of 100."

Meaning:
My teacher talked to me about this, don't worry folks, there is a curve. The only difference is, on the report card, your percentage will be written beside the grade (A*,A,B,C,etc...), just do your best on your exams and don't rely completely on the curve, just in case!

Reaction score
I hate it if there is curves as anyone who isnot good in a subject can get A* easily and i think an A* will be higher than 90% with a curve