• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

the perfect titre......!!!!!

Reaction score
This can not be right. Hassam said that it was 29.4 and as I said, no one got a titre below 29.00 in our center. :|

Reaction score
well titrate value differs lab to lab they will chek according to the value of our examiner and my examiner was my teacher so he also gt 28

Reaction score
Well, my practical was absolutely awful. :(
I might have JUST got a C or something. :/
Is there any chance I can still get an overall A?

Reaction score
@Anonymousx3: Yes you can still get an A with a C in practical.

And i don't think the titre has to be the same for each lab. The teachers for that school perform the practical and the values of the candidates should be close to the values of the teachers. 8)

Reaction score
the lab supervisor does the titration himself and sends his ans too to the CIE, it can vary, we and our supervisor got 28cm3

Reaction score
doesnot matter....depends on the supervisor who also does the practical and send the report to CIE...mine was 26.5 ...n m sure its correct...!!

Reaction score
You're right, guys, but look at this way. The salt we got was Mohr's salt and 1 mol of Mohrs salt contains 14% Fe (calculated it from Wikipedia). Now, whatever the concentration of Mohr's salt maybe, it'd always contain 14% Fe and the correct titre to obtain 14% as the answer is 29.8 cm^3 given the conc. of KMn04. What can I say? I don't know how supervisors work. :|

Reaction score
I wrote that insulate the crucible with a cotton lagging and try to heat the crucible at constant temperature which, of course, would be different for strong and gentle heating. Is the first one correct?

Reaction score
hey! i got messed up with the given mass of chemical to conduct the titration. so measured mass was a bit low. thus this soln with low conc. changed the titre value to 24. But the % which was to be calculated at last is the same one. Does this affect much with the marking?

Reaction score
u shud hav said using balnce reading to a greater precision......or cooling in a dessicator to ensure it didnt absorb moisture while cooling......

Reaction score
Well our titre's were different from each other... mine was 28.8 and i am sure its correct... the salts F5 was a carbonate salt F6 Was Ammonium Chloride and F7 was Sulfuric acid... if i am not wrong) and what abt that percentage question last question? what was the method everyone used?

msk

Reaction score
hassam said:
29.8 cm*3......those who got this are in dreamland,,,,others in HELL.....this calculation will lead to exact percentage of fe2+ in mohr salt

u can,t say it was 29.8 because we had to make a solution and that depends upon the mass u take so i got 31! my examiner got 30.85...as per marking scheme within 0.2 of examiner u get all the accuracy marks!

Reaction score
Yeah! Sure ! mistyped!) Can anyone help... on how to drwa constructuin lines on the graph to find no. of moles? just like in paper may june 2007 2 (e)??