• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The most major doubt

Reaction score
Ali4lyf said:
I am weak in bonding so I dont know q(36)
But as far as Question 19 is concerned its C as mentioned in mark scheme that potassium salt reacts(Acidified) with lead(II) NITRATE hence the product will be Potassium Nitrate.
where color is concerned we won't think of it cause its simple equation.They wrote color to confuse the candidate but as far as mark scheme and my thinking is concerned C is correct answer.
and Question 36 is well explained by rashu.As I am weak in that bonding structures.. :|

I hope it helped.

Regards,

I have explained the answer for 36 in the previous page..

Reaction score
Ali4lyf said:
But as far as Question 19 is concerned its C as mentioned in mark scheme that potassium salt reacts(Acidified) with lead(II) NITRATE hence the product will be Potassium Nitrate.
where color is concerned we won't think of it cause its simple equation.They wrote color to confuse the candidate but as far as mark scheme and my thinking is concerned C is correct answer.
and Question 36 is well explained by rashu.As I am weak in that bonding structures.. :|

I hope it helped.

Regards,

Potassium nitrate there is used as reactant??? How can it come out as a product too...

Reaction score
Rashu712 said:
Ali4lyf said:
and ""Question 36 is well explained by rashu"".As I am weak in that bonding structures.. :|

I hope it helped.

Regards,

I have explained the answer for 36 in the previous page..

lol...that's why he wrote in his post....""Question 36 is well explained by rashu""... :D

Reaction score
CaptainDanger said:
Ali4lyf said:

I hope it helped.

Regards,

Potassium nitrate there is used as reactant??? How can it come out as a product too...

Read the question carefully thanks.
Its product not reactant.

Regards,

Reaction score
Ali4lyf said:
CaptainDanger said:
Ali4lyf said:

I hope it helped.

Regards,

Read the question carefully thanks.
Its product not reactant.

Regards,

I already have... Its reactant...

Reaction score
19 is B for sure. The yellow ppt shows us that iodine is present, and thus B is the only acceptable answer..

On another note, I completely agree with Cap'n above me.. It is the reactant, not the product they ask for.

Reaction score
Further proof, from an actual question...

Question 2.

I'll paste the words here too:

Aqueous lead(II) nitrate and aqueous potassium iodide are added to a dish containing water, as shown.
A yellow precipitate forms after a few minutes.