• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The ideal number of subjects??

Reaction score
This year I will be doing AS levels, but I do have this problem that I don't know what (probably in medicine) or where I will be studying.
My parents think that the best thing to do is to examine in all the subjects the school offers, which are 4 (Math, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), then do their A2 next year making me having 4A levels.

But it kind of feels like too much and everything is so complicated
( IT IS NOTHING LIKE O LEVELS AND EVERYTHING YOU EVER STUDIED IS PROVEN TO BE WRONG WHY LIE TO US PEOPLE ALL THESE YEARS NOBLE GASES ARE STABLE NOW SUDDENLY THEY FEEL LIKE MAKING BONDS AND EVERYTHING IS AN EXCEPTION EXCEPT A THING OR TWO OBEY THE RULE DANG IT)

So yeah :D what is the ideal number of A level subjects to take in order to get good grades?
Are 4 scientific subjects too much to handle?

Thank you and sorry for ranting lol

Reaction score
Hi,

If your field is medicine then you should go for Biology, Chemistry and Physics. O'level is no biggie but when it comes to A level. Damnit!
Plus, chemistry is not an easy A'level subject. It is a double credit subject that means that it is equal to 2 subjects. :eek:
If you can tackle these three along with maths, then go for it. If not then focus on Bio, chem and physics.

Good luck, hun. =)

Reaction score
Hi,

If your field is medicine then you should go for Biology, Chemistry and Physics. O'level is no biggie but when it comes to A level. Damnit!
Plus, chemistry is not an easy A'level subject. It is a double credit subject that means that it is equal to 2 subjects. :eek:
If you can tackle these three along with maths, then go for it. If not then focus on Bio, chem and physics.

Good luck, hun. =)

Woah didn't know that about chemistry :O
But then why would I need physics for medicine? For the ophthalmology perhaps?
Oh and isn't math necessary for all fields?
I know I ask a lot but everything looks like a huge mess to me :S

Reaction score
Woah didn't know that about chemistry :O
But then why would I need physics for medicine? For the ophthalmology perhaps?
Oh and isn't math necessary for all fields?
I know I ask a lot but everything looks like a huge mess to me :S

That's true. Economics and Chemistry are double credit subjects in A'level, it means they are the toughest. o.o
You need Physics for medicine.
No, Maths is necessary if you want to get into engineering. For medicine, NO!
That's totally okay. :p
Glad to help you.

Reaction score
If you want to study medicine abroad, most universities would like too see that you can handle pressure well, and achieve good grades at the same time, This is due to the fact the places for medicine is quite limited compared to the number of applicants and that the subject is quite demanding. So, if you ARE serious about medicine, take all 4of the subjects.
p.s. i am only saying this in the case of good universities outside pakistan.