• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Benefits Of EFL ?

Reaction score
I have taken EFL in my first sem of school, as people kept saying EFL is a necessary of college, but I got a B and hence changed to ESL, now I am worried that ESL isn't enough to get into Unis in the English first language countries so I thinking of taking A-Level's English but heard it is very hard. Anyhow my question would be that is it an disadvantage taking ESL and what advantages are provided by EFL

P.S English isn't my first language

Reaction score
EFL is required at GCSE level at a B/C grade at some foreign universities.
In any case, it prepares you for the A-Level English, which is obviously harder. A B in EFL is very good, why did you leave?
Anyway, EFL better prepares you for the writing parts of the TOEFL, IELTS, ACT and SAT.

Reaction score
EFL is required at GCSE level at a B/C grade at some foreign universities.
In any case, it prepares you for the A-Level English, which is obviously harder. A B in EFL is very good, why did you leave?
Anyway, EFL better prepares you for the writing parts of the TOEFL, IELTS, ACT and SAT.
I stressed too much on the subject and I needed to concentrate on my other subs, so I am taking AL English as it is equivalent to EFL for which I am taking tuition to be prepared for