• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The 12th of August

Reaction score
AoA, guys. I'll keep it straight to the point.
So this year the exams were easy for Pak studies and Islamiyat as many of us believe that is the case.
However, the first 2 papers (Isl P1 and pak studes p1) did NOT go top notch for me. For the last two, they certainly went superb.
Due to such performance in the first 2 papers, I FEEL LIKE DYING D:
I have no idea what'll happen and it seems as if the dream for these 2 A*s is fading away.
Help :'(

Reaction score
I know... Would you count this as normal? :(
I mean, I wanted those A*s so badly.

Yep, you worked hard, kid. You want to succeed in life. :p
But as the great philosopher Jagger once said, ''You can't always get what you want''.

Keep that in mind. And just hope for the best, now. :)

I believe you can still get 2 A*'s.

Reaction score
Is that just to cheer me up? See? That's my problem. I want valid and real answers to my fate :p
I need help .__.
And what's with that threshold and grade marking system? Explain that to me for Pak studies and Islamiyat please

Reaction score
Is that just to cheer me up? See? That's my problem. I want valid and real answers to my fate :p
I need help .__.
And what's with that threshold and grade marking system? Explain that to me for Pak studies and Islamiyat please

Okay, tell me exactly what went wrong.

How many marks are you losing?

Reaction score
I DON'T KNOW :(
I told you, 1 or 2 figures went wrong in the Isl p1 and i skipped another one or 2 too... Two questions combined I think

Reaction score
First of all, grading system in o levels is that of percentile which is determined by a cumulative frequency ratio by the cambridge examiners. Secondly, in o levels Islamiat or any other subject there is no negative marking there are always some minute slips in the paper if u were a strong candidate means that you had a grip over Islamiat and had extensive knowledge of the subject then only one thing can take you to an A and that is a blunder. Blunder only occurs when you either attempt a question in a wrong way or at least do not follow the rubric. If you gave relevant quotations then nothing can drop your grade to A though hard lucks sometimes occur in cambridge examinations.

Reaction score
A* in the mock examinations, you know... But here, I messed it up. Blunder I guess. I did try to put relevant quotations too...
Tell me more please :(
You've got great knowledge for this!

Reaction score
If i elaborate, if you have given relevant quotations with reference numbers it is the key to A*. Basically there is a positive system of marking in O levels that means they are not going to check what you haven't written but they check you for what you have written. For level 4, examiners require relevant,extensive and highly accurate knowledge. Now for example you wrote some figures wrong examiner will first check it that if it is written in any book or not. If the figures are found in not a single book then examiner notes it down. Still it doesn't mean that you will not get level 4 bcz again there is a best fit rule so one or two mistakes does not drop you down a level. Can you please quote the exact mistakes which you made so that i can have an idea of your grade?

Reaction score
If i elaborate, if you have given relevant quotations with reference numbers it is the key to A*. Basically there is a positive system of marking in O levels that means they are not going to check what you haven't written but they check you for what you have written. For level 4, examiners require relevant,extensive and highly accurate knowledge. Now for example you wrote some figures wrong examiner will first check it that if it is written in any book or not. If the figures are found in not a single book then examiner notes it down. Still it doesn't mean that you will not get level 4 bcz again there is a best fit rule so one or two mistakes does not drop you down a level. Can you please quote the exact mistakes which you made so that i can have an idea of your grade?
Long time, you know... I don't remember. Like for the question for the migration to Madinah, I forgot to write down Hazrat Abu Bakar's son came to give food and news about the Kufar. Son or daugher.. .I FORGOT D': You get the idea since I didn't write it lol.
Plus, the number of Muslims in the battle of Mutah, that figure was wrong as far as I remember. By how much? I don't know...
I think this is it. Might be other few minor mistakes but these ones drive me insane.

Reaction score
Long time, you know... I don't remember. Like for the question for the migration to Madinah, I forgot to write down Hazrat Abu Bakar's son came to give food and news about the Kufar. Son or daugher.. .I FORGOT D': You get the idea since I didn't write it lol.
Plus, the number of Muslims in the battle of Mutah, that figure was wrong as far as I remember. By how much? I don't know...
I think this is it. Might be other few minor mistakes but these ones drive me insane.
In Migration, the point of Abdullah bint Abu Bakar, Asma bint Abu bakar and Amir Bin Fehmira is not known by all. Abdullah brought news, Asma brought food and milk and Amir Bin Fehmira used to eradicate the signs of steps of camels on which Asma and Abdullah used to come. This was the exact point. As far as Mutah is concerned there were 3000 Muslims and 50,000-100000 Romans. 3000 Muslims is a figure written by majority including K.Ali though there is a variation in it.

Reaction score
In Migration, the point of Abdullah bint Abu Bakar, Asma bint Abu bakar and Amir Bin Fehmira is not known by all. Abdullah brought news, Asma brought food and milk and Amir Bin Fehmira used to eradicate the signs of steps of camels on which Asma and Abdullah used to come. This was the exact point. As far as Mutah is concerned there were 3000 Muslims and 50,000-100000 Romans. 3000 Muslims is a figure written by majority including K.Ali though there is a variation in it.
I put an extra 0 to make it 20000... Damn it :(
So what do you make of this? Please feel free.