• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Suggestions regarding Extra subjects

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I have to appear in five GCSE O'level exams this year (final). I really want to take an extra subject, especially Sociology. I had thought about it before and find it really interesting. I'm good at concepts and understanding so thats not a problem but practice requires time. However with registration so near, do you guys recommend it?

Reaction score
That is a good plan but it's gonna take an extra year for olevels. And what if you start Alevels? Those subjects would be An extra sheet in the already given result?
No It wont. I would be given it in the same year but in a different session.So What? we would be having a extra Grade.
Yes on a seperate sheet.

I suggest u give Accounts as a Extra sub. It has a lot of value

Reaction score
No It wont. I would be given it in the same year but in a different session.So What? we would be having a extra Grade.
Yes on a seperate sheet.

I suggest u give Accounts as a Extra sub. It has a lot of value
But not in may June?
And yes but would it be valuable with science subjects? :confused:

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I have to appear in five GCSE O'level exams this year (final). I really want to take an extra subject, especially Sociology. I had thought about it before and find it really interesting. I'm good at concepts and understanding so thats not a problem but practice requires time. However with registration so near, do you guys recommend it?
what subjects are u appearing in this session? if u think that u can easily manage ur time with ur current subjects and sociology and also keep in mind any unforeseen disturbance in ur study plan. critically consider the situation and time available with u. i am also planning to give some extra subjects but mine situation is totally different from urs. if u reallu want to give this subject and u find it risky to appear in this session, u may give it in november session in start of ur A1. if school does not allow give it privately.

Reaction score
yes :)
The world is Business minded so it would help u out
Thank you :)
what subjects are u appearing in this session? if u think that u can easily manage ur time with ur current subjects and sociology and also keep in mind any unforeseen disturbance in ur study plan. critically consider the situation and time available with u. i am also planning to give some extra subjects but mine situation is totally different from urs. if u reallu want to give this subject and u find it risky to appear in this session, u may give it in november session in start of ur A1. if school does not allow give it privately.
I'm taking Maths, English, chemistry, physics and biology. I won't have problems with concepts but of course time management will be an issue. What subjects are you taking?

Reaction score
dude, Do "not" waste time taking sociology if you are not considering it as a career, if u think u'll j take it since ur good at it, i strongly recommend u to "forget bout it".It is not worth the extra load
+ concentrate on your current subjects and get A * in all of them.

Reaction score
i have pak.std, isl, urdu, english, math, phy, chem,computers. i am planning to give add math and environmental management with these 8 subjects

Reaction score
india123,
although u r ritr with ur explaination but wheras i know u must have english and math in o levels and other subjects dont really matter for foriegn universities. they r just to give u a strong base of a subject for further study or a good knowledge in the field of ur interest. if the extra subject is really of ur interest, u can easily attain good grade in that, adding it to ur achievement profile but u must have sufficient time for that. so a good grade in any subject in o levels is equally regarded. also ur interest is not an extra load expect in rare cases.

Reaction score
dude, Do "not" waste time taking sociology if you are not considering it as a career, if u think u'll j take it since ur good at it, i strongly recommend u to "forget bout it".It is not worth the extra load
+ concentrate on your current subjects and get A * in all of them.
I get your point but I am thinking of taking a career in psychology, plus I study to gain knowledge. :) thankyou