• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Suggest me a career!!!

Reaction score
Suggest me a career on the following bases:
1. I love mathematics, I want to master every concept of mathematics :)
2. I can also cope well with physics and somewhat with chemistry but i am not interested in computer studies and biology.
3. A pure science student, no concept of business, management etc.
4. I want to choose a a technical field but it should not be very common like electrical and mechanical engineering.
5. I don't want to take computers or any thing which includes it as a major.
6. the career/profession should valued worldwide, especially asia and middle east.

Help me to choose whats best for me.

Reaction score
Chem and physics with blend of applied mathematics

Theoretical Chemistry
The theoretical branch of chemistry involves professionals who develop new chemical theories and applications for use in industries such as manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, and materials applications. Many of the jobs within this category center around research and laboratory experimentation. The most common careers within this branch of chemistry work include: researchers, biochemists, college professors, and positions in government defense projects. Typical education requirements for theoretical chemistry work include a minimum of a masters degree and preferably a Ph.D. in chemistry.

Applied Chemistry
Applied chemistry is the division of chemistry that takes successful theoretical chemistry research and tests and/or applies its usefulness in specific scenarios. This testing is important as chemical processes which were originally designed for one purpose may be found to be either inefficient in actual use or more beneficial in another application. For example, when scientists were attempting to use polytetrafluoroethylene for use as a refrigerant they found it was not suitable for this application. However, they realized it had amazing lubricative properties. This chemical later became known as Teflon and was marketed by Du Pont for use with cookware. Typical jobs within this field require a minimum of a B.S. or B.A. in chemistry. Careers in this field include: pharmaceutical analysts, materials researchers, and agricultural scientists.

Theoretical Physics
Theoretical physics includes careers such as college professors, Department of Defense scientists, energy scientists, atomic physicists, and theoretical physicists. Theoretical physicists are involved with the task of discovering the underlying laws that govern matter and energy. These professionals postulate the potential reasons matter and energy interact the way they do and explore their physical properties. Quite often they theorize and research phenomena for which there is no prior data. The discovery of black holes, quarks, and antimatter have all rested on these professionals' shoulders. The educational requirements for this field are fairly steep, although varied, requiring at least a Ph.D. in physics with a strong background in advanced mathematics and chemistry as well.

Applied Physics
Applied physics, much like applied chemistry, is a subfield of careers that seek to apply scientific discoveries in physics to current problems or needs. This job can be difficult as there are often scientific discoveries for which we have no discernible need at the time, as was the case with lasers. Jobs within this field include government scientists, propulsion experts, weapon designers and even architects. Educational requirements are at least a B.S. in physics with emphasis placed on research capabilities.

Chemical Physics
Chemical physics seeks to understand why chemical reactions occur. What makes electrons so important in reactions and how can the reaction be controlled on a more precise level. Chemical physicists must take specialty graduate school programs which may last 10 years or more after undergraduate school. The jobs available are varied, such as government research or professor but usually all carry the title of "chemical physicist."

Reaction score
Chem and physics with blend of applied mathematics

Theoretical Chemistry
The theoretical branch of chemistry involves professionals who develop new chemical theories and applications for use in industries such as manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, and materials applications. Many of the jobs within this category center around research and laboratory experimentation. The most common careers within this branch of chemistry work include: researchers, biochemists, college professors, and positions in government defense projects. Typical education requirements for theoretical chemistry work include a minimum of a masters degree and preferably a Ph.D. in chemistry.

Applied Chemistry
Applied chemistry is the division of chemistry that takes successful theoretical chemistry research and tests and/or applies its usefulness in specific scenarios. This testing is important as chemical processes which were originally designed for one purpose may be found to be either inefficient in actual use or more beneficial in another application. For example, when scientists were attempting to use polytetrafluoroethylene for use as a refrigerant they found it was not suitable for this application. However, they realized it had amazing lubricative properties. This chemical later became known as Teflon and was marketed by Du Pont for use with cookware. Typical jobs within this field require a minimum of a B.S. or B.A. in chemistry. Careers in this field include: pharmaceutical analysts, materials researchers, and agricultural scientists.

Theoretical Physics
Theoretical physics includes careers such as college professors, Department of Defense scientists, energy scientists, atomic physicists, and theoretical physicists. Theoretical physicists are involved with the task of discovering the underlying laws that govern matter and energy. These professionals postulate the potential reasons matter and energy interact the way they do and explore their physical properties. Quite often they theorize and research phenomena for which there is no prior data. The discovery of black holes, quarks, and antimatter have all rested on these professionals' shoulders. The educational requirements for this field are fairly steep, although varied, requiring at least a Ph.D. in physics with a strong background in advanced mathematics and chemistry as well.

Applied Physics
Applied physics, much like applied chemistry, is a subfield of careers that seek to apply scientific discoveries in physics to current problems or needs. This job can be difficult as there are often scientific discoveries for which we have no discernible need at the time, as was the case with lasers. Jobs within this field include government scientists, propulsion experts, weapon designers and even architects. Educational requirements are at least a B.S. in physics with emphasis placed on research capabilities.

Chemical Physics
Chemical physics seeks to understand why chemical reactions occur. What makes electrons so important in reactions and how can the reaction be controlled on a more precise level. Chemical physicists must take specialty graduate school programs which may last 10 years or more after undergraduate school. The jobs available are varied, such as government research or professor but usually all carry the title of "chemical physicist."
Thanks for your opinion and interst in my problem. The careers u suggested are realy include the things which i want. I will definately consider them especially applied chemistry and theoretical physics as they open a field something more than a researcher and professor. Once again thank you :)

Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion and interst in my problem. The careers u suggested are realy include the things which i want. I will definately consider them especially applied chemistry and theoretical physics as they open a field something more than a researcher and professor. Once again thank you :)
You are welcome
:)