• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

subjects hlp urgent required

Reaction score
i Want an honest advice guys i want to become an engineer and ofcourse chemistry physics and mathematics would be my main subjects but i wanted to take more subject to keep my chances open and i have heard that many people after engineering in university do mba so taking subjects such as economics accounts business would be helpful and i saw in cambridge web site they wrote further mathematics iis highly recomented by them so if i think of giving 7 subjects in As level so i guess it would be more so i neded advice what would be better to choice from these or i should try to give all of them as iam giving now mathematics in october november so i can give 4 more subjects in maay june and give the rest 2 subjects in october november for As then divide 7 subjects again and give them in may june and october november so in total 14 alevel subjects would university appreciate that is it possible to get in them 14A* i will work day and night 24 hours wouldit be possible or risk of getting bad marks your advice would be highly appreciated. thanks

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
*Sigh*
Think hard before doing so.
Why don't you go for this: Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Further Maths, Economics and English Language/Urdu. As and A-level separately.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Sciences/Maths + Arts & Humanities + Language is a very good combination.
Go for Thinking Skills instead. But don't just go for these many subjects. Sometimes you just end up getting Bs and Cs in your Main Subjects which will lead you nowhere.
Discuss this with your teachers. They know how well you can do and know your abilities that we here might not know.
Getting 14 A*s in 14 A - level subjects is no mean feat.

Reaction score
one thing, if you go for 14 subjects and get 14 A* (lets assume) university will highly willing to take you provided that you meet their minimum language requirement.
Secondly, giving 14 subjects is very very very difficult especially when you take the most difficult subjects. I will recommend not to do that. Just give your core subjects and work as hard as you can.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
The ones I mentioned in my post. That's my suggestion.
Like I said, consult your teachers. They know you better.

Reaction score
iam thinking for math chemistry physics further math economics how would that combination be just wanted to ask a question what subjects are required for ca charted accounted

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Required Subjects are Mathematics and Accounting. You should take Business Studies, Economics and Commerce too. That's what I know.

Reaction score
so to open my chances of CA i will have to give chem physics math and further math for sure because of enginnering nd the other which one of these business economics or accounts

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Keep Further Maths only if you are good at maths (and studied Add Maths in O-level, though it's not a compulsion)
If you have Account and Maths you can do CA in future. But taking other Commerce subjects will make the job easy for you.

Reaction score
iam good in maths alhamduallah so should i give math physics chemistry further math accounts would that be ok to open my chances for both engineering and ca

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, it should.
CA is completely account based and so Accounting is a must, besides Mathematics. Other than these you can opt for other Commerce based subjects such as Business Studies, Commerce, Economics etc.