• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Subjects for A Levels... Need good advice...

Reaction score
Hey guyz i have just given my o level papers... i had chem phy comp math add math nd english... Well i want to do C.A in future so tell me is it advisable to switch fields when i do a levels... My friends say that since i am very good in phy and chem MASHALLAH so why am i going to commerce and i dont knw wat to reply.. I am not even sure that if i will like commerce subjects or not... :( Totally confused and also tell me about the relevant subjects when taking commerce as ur field... Thnkuuu in advance...

Reaction score
Well, from what I've seen, this is what I think:

If you like phy and chem, then its probably better if u continue with these subjects as the subjects like economics and commerce can be quite boring for u. I know people who changed their fields but ended up bad. The best choice is to follow ur intuition and do what your heart says. Because its ur passion, ur life. Your mamu, chachu or whoever advices is not going to do it for u. If u do something which is not from ur heart, belive me u will be annoyed with it after a while.

These are my 2 cents :D

Reaction score
By the way, why do u want to do C.A?

These days, most of the people are into ACCA...and I have heard that C.A is veryy difficult? :D

Reaction score
wat abut economics? ma school z offering it? should i take it? or not if i want CA type feilds

Reaction score
loll all are giving questions and no answers!! :O come on 2 Elites are having queries!! :p LOL

Reaction score
i am too switching from science field to commerce field..in Alevels..
as i also want to go for C.A.

Reaction score
ok I m also in the Engineering field but I haven't completed my O level yet !! I m also planning to do ACCA and then CA so for it I will be giving accounts in Oct/Nov session and then will give Commerce 7100 in May/June 2012 and I will then change my field to Commerce in A levels as I really hate Physics and Chemistry !!!

Reaction score
@Salman: so u havent already given physics chemistry papers??? and wat papers did u give this session then :O

Reaction score
Usman17 said:
@Salman: so u havent already given physics chemistry papers??? and wat papers did u give this session then :O
no I haven't !! I gave Pakistan Studies, Islamiat, Urdu and Maths !!! :)

Reaction score
hey dont the schools offer different patterns or groups of subs from which u choose one group like one group is all science and maths this is group a then u have grp b where u get one science and two commerce related subs and there is in another grp all commerce isnt it like that if it is i say u first check the school which u are goin to go to if it offers subs liek this or u can pick any subs then u can see which group u want or if not then take all commerce type subs !!