• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Subject selection for A-Level

Reaction score
Hello.

I will be beginning my A-Level this year, and am totally lost as to which subjects to choose! Hopefully you guys can help me sort it out :)

I plan to do either something in the IT field or go into engineering. Now I have selected Physics, Math and AICT for this purpose. I have also though about taking General Paper, as an extra subject, because I have a good grasp over English, and as it is a very useful subject too. Now for admissions in Pakistan I should take Chemistry if I am to go into Engineering. I might go abroad, and over there the requirement is of 3 SCIENCE/MATH SUBJECTS.

Now is my combination okay? Is AICT considered a science subject? Or should I take Further Math or Chemistry as they help a lot in admissions. Will I be able to get admissions into Engineering universities abroad and computing courses with my current choice?

Also, thinking about taking an extra subject if I don't take FM or Chemistry. I was thinking Urdu, Business Studies, or Thinking skills? What do you suggest and why?

I got straight As in O level so think I can cope with 5 subjects. I didn't study anything related to business though.

Thanks for reading :)