• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Studying Business Studies in 45 days: Possible?

Reaction score
I'm making a late registration for Business Studies A'levels- for the May Session. Tell me a concise yet 'official' book- I don't want to go for those notorious overly 'comprehensive' notes. I have studied O levels and A levels (almost) Economics and Accounts.

Why am I choosing now? I have had Eco, Accou, Urdu and GP as my subjects. I didnt want to study university- but now changed my plan.I will apply to Canadian and Australian. GP is not considered, and any chance with Urdu? I think it's risky, since my native language is Urdu. I'm having 3 As in AS levels.

PLEASE help.

Reaction score
you can do it
the sky is the limit
i didnt start studying :p its like i just registered

Reaction score
Actually I dont take it , but they say it fits with any subject
some took it with sciences and others with humaities
so its most likely depending on u
just love what you learn and youll achieve more hopefully

Reaction score
I'm making a late registration for Business Studies A'levels- for the May Session. Tell me a concise yet 'official' book- I don't want to go for those notorious overly 'comprehensive' notes. I have studied O levels and A levels (almost) Economics and Accounts.

Why am I choosing now? I have had Eco, Accou, Urdu and GP as my subjects. I didnt want to study university- but now changed my plan.I will apply to Canadian and Australian. GP is not considered, and any chance with Urdu? I think it's risky, since my native language is Urdu. I'm having 3 As in AS levels.

PLEASE help.
studying BS in 45 days is possible just need to properly arrange your time,while if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask me !

Reaction score
studying BS in 45 days is possible just need to properly arrange your time,while if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask me !
Thanks dude :D

Okay first question- has the syllabus for Business Studies changed since 2006? I have to make a selection to read from one book. The one published in 2006 has some 500 pages (its official) but the most recent one (2010) have around 700, so I wish to read from the older book- assuming that it would cover all the topics. What's your take?

Reaction score
Thanks dude :D

Okay first question- has the syllabus for Business Studies changed since 2006? I have to make a selection to read from one book. The one published in 2006 has some 500 pages (its official) but the most recent one (2010) have around 700, so I wish to read from the older book- assuming that it would cover all the topics. What's your take?
Yes the syllabus slightly changed since 2006, what's the name of both books and their authors?!

Reaction score
Yes the syllabus slightly changed since 2006, what's the name of both books and their authors?!
The 2006: Business Studies by Peter Stimpson
The 2010: Business Studies by Peter Stimpson and Alastair Farquharson.

Tough choice. I like more the older one- the way information is conveyed.

Reaction score
Both are fine.. However it's better to stuck to the latest version as there are minor changes

Reaction score
Both are fine.. However it's better to stuck to the latest version as there are minor changes
I see. And what about the past papers. Generally, I have noticed that markschemes and Examiner reports for other subjects prove pretty useful. What about the BS?

Reaction score
hey.. can u gime some tips to study for business studies ???
iv got my exam in about 5 days need to complete the whole book.. is it possible ?
ps: iv not begun any thing.