• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Studying Advice needed !!

Reaction score
Assalamullikum to all my Brothers and Sisters
The thing I need some advice !! First of all to tel u I m studying the following subjects 1)Chemistry 2)Physics 3)Computer Studies 4)English 5)Add Maths (Have already given Maths) now the thing is I m appearing for Private papers this Oct/Nov and those are 1)Accounts 2)Statistics as I want to change my field to Commerce in A levels. I m giving maximum time to Accounts and Stats but due to this I m lagging behind in Chemistry and Physics and Moreover I myself m not interested in Chemistry and Physics and find them boring! So if anyone could just tell me how to study these two subjects, and how much time I should give to these because this thing is making me very tensed !! i don't want to ruin my Statement of Result because of these subjects
Waiting for suggestions and advices

Reaction score
Asalamoalikum!
First of all i would suggest u to get off with accounts n stats this oct/nov and then start with phy n chem!!
use physics matters n chemistry matters ( these r the books!)
do 1 chapter everyday n make ur own simple notes so that u can revise from them during exams!
go through the books thoroughly!
and then start with the past papers!!!
if u ever have any doubts in the pastpapers , i am always ready to help u!!
good luck!

Reaction score
princesszahra said:
Asalamoalikum!
First of all i would suggest u to get off with accounts n stats this oct/nov and then start with phy n chem!!
do 1 chapter everyday n make ur own simple notes so that u can revise from them during exams!
good luck!
Interesting !! Thanks for your advice !! I will surely follow it :)

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks said:
princesszahra said:
Asalamoalikum!
good luck!
Interesting !! Thanks for your advice !! I will surely follow it :)
thanks salman!

Reaction score
i wud do the same thing as princess mentioned but also if u can get,try getting the revision checklist and if u need any help especially with Chemistry u can also ask me !! :D :D

Reaction score
i will suggest 2 give stats and addmaths but only if u r confident and trust yourself that u cn achieve a good grade in these subjects..for Chem and Physics..Chem Matters is the best book and Complete Physics is also good.4 any kind of notes ,revision guides and wbsites i can clearly guide u. Pay attention during lectures in class and give yourself time in school and at home ..study during free units in class.. i Know InshaAllah Allah is always there 2 help u out..goodluck..4 any guidance i will help u out..

P.M. HOW IS STATS SUBJECT EASY OR DIFFICULT?

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
i wud do the same thing as princess mentioned but also if u can get,try getting the revision checklist and if u need any help especially with Chemistry u can also ask me !! :D :D
Sure, I would be need help in Chemistry !! :)

sweetjinnah said:
i will suggest 2 give stats and addmaths but only if u r confident and trust yourself that u cn achieve a good grade in these subjects..for Chem and Physics..Chem Matters is the best book and Complete Physics is also good.4 any kind of notes ,revision guides and wbsites i can clearly guide u. Pay attention during lectures in class and give yourself time in school and at home ..study during free units in class.. i Know InshaAllah Allah is always there 2 help u out..goodluck..4 any guidance i will help u out..

P.M. HOW IS STATS SUBJECT EASY OR DIFFICULT?
Well my teacher told me that Add maths is a very vast subject and giving it in Oct/Nov will be a very bad idea, as for Stats and Accounts yes I m going to appear in Oct/Nov Session. And yeah I will try to get this Chemistry matter book, and also thanks for the advice :)
Ok check your inbox

Reaction score
First of all it doesn't matter if you are lagging behind in a certain few subjects because of your Oct/Nov examinations. In my time, I didn't touch my science books for atleast 6 months when I had to appear for Pakistan Studies, Islamiat and Statistics in Oct/Nov of my class 11, just like you are appearing now. But I did cover it up in the following months and no problem occurred. We have something in common: The hate for chemistry. :p I had no clue about it until after the Oct/Nov exams and then I joined this academy (because I never listened to my class sir, otherwise, it's not recommended) of Sir Qamar in Lahore, and I was able to do really well in O'levels chemistry.
My advice: get the Federal books of both Physics and Chemistry and study them thoroughly. Once you are done with that you may study the LETT's (I am not sure about the name :S) guide for chemistry and solve the excercises in it. Then you can follow the books by solving past papers. Make sure you don't leave the past papers for the end but start doing them by the end of March, before your finals and be done with them by early April. This will give you sufficient time to work on the problems you had while solving past papers.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
First of all it doesn't matter if you are lagging behind in a certain few subjects because of your Oct/Nov examinations. In my time, I didn't touch my science books for atleast 6 months when I had to appear for Pakistan Studies, Islamiat and Statistics in Oct/Nov of my class 11, just like you are appearing now. But I did cover it up in the following months and no problem occurred. We have something in common: The hate for chemistry. :p I had no clue about it until after the Oct/Nov exams and then I joined this academy (because I never listened to my class sir, otherwise, it's not recommended) of Sir Qamar in Lahore, and I was able to do really well in O'levels chemistry.
My advice: get the Federal books of both Physics and Chemistry and study them thoroughly. Once you are done with that you may study the LETT's (I am not sure about the name :S) guide for chemistry and solve the excercises in it. Then you can follow the books by solving past papers. Make sure you don't leave the past papers for the end but start doing them by the end of March, before your finals and be done with them by early April. This will give you sufficient time to work on the problems you had while solving past papers.
Thank u very much for the Advice !! :) Feeling a little better now !! :D

Reaction score
Make sure you keep a copy of syllabus with you when you are doing your final revision. No need to study anything extra in the books. But make sure you cover everything that is in the syllabus, whichever book you may use.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Make sure you keep a copy of syllabus with you when you are doing your final revision. No need to study anything extra in the books. But make sure you cover everything that is in the syllabus, whichever book you may use.
exactly!

Reaction score
I sometimes find myself in such situations........believe me u stll got enough time.......just work hard.......hope u do well.......one more thing turn off ur pc and go to study.......

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Achmerd said:
XPFMember said:
Assalamoalaikum!!

yeah it is a guide ;)

can i get the letts book...........plsplpls send the link :)
2morow computer test is there!!!
assalamoalaikum!!

You'll have to buy it! It isn't available on the net!