• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Stuck on a question Pak.Studies (History)

Reaction score
‘Partition or reversal?’ Were the reasons why Bengal was partitioned in 1905 more important
than those regarding its reversal in 1911? Explain your answer.

Hey, I'm kinda confused with this question. What should i include in it?

Reaction score
let me help you here. reversal was more important. now, to answer this question, you need to combine two seven marx questions.
1- why partition of bengal took place and 2-why was it reversed.
for 1, you can write about administrative problems, bengal was unproductive in view of its size etc etc. i'm sure you will be able to give the reasons. ALSO INCLUDE THE PROVINCES created and when, since dates r to be mentioned, obviously.
for the second, you need to write about hindu and muslim reaction, like muslims supported it and promoted british goods and gave loyalty to british while hindus started swadeshi movement. assassination attempt on lord minto, burning of british goods etc. also tell what britishers did, like press act and arms act.
now, for conclusion, the reversal was more important because the partition would never have been reversed if the opposition wasnt strong.

its a very easy question and a very scoring one. try to add as much as RELEVANT details as possible. stick to the point.
hope i helped.

Reaction score
boxfire1995 said:
let me help you here. reversal was more important. now, to answer this question, you need to combine two seven marx questions.
1- why partition of bengal took place and 2-why was it reversed.
for 1, you can write about administrative problems, bengal was unproductive in view of its size etc etc. i'm sure you will be able to give the reasons. ALSO INCLUDE THE PROVINCES created and when, since dates r to be mentioned, obviously.
for the second, you need to write about hindu and muslim reaction, like muslims supported it and promoted british goods and gave loyalty to british while hindus started swadeshi movement. assassination attempt on lord minto, burning of british goods etc. also tell what britishers did, like press act and arms act.
now, for conclusion, the reversal was more important because the partition would never have been reversed if the opposition wasnt strong.

its a very easy question and a very scoring one. try to add as much as RELEVANT details as possible. stick to the point.
hope i helped.

Hi can u provide the exact reasons of partition

Reaction score
i think partition was important !
as ML was formed because of it and led to the formation of Pakistan in the long running !

this question is very very easy !
see in this question u just combine ur answers for 7 mark question for partition and reversal that u find individually as 7 marks in Past papers,combine both the reasons remaining same and everything and then in the end give ur reasoning to what was important !

Reaction score
yeah what he said. first try to write the answer, and compare, if you want, i'll post the answer here. but give me a few days, my tests are going on.

Reaction score
‘Partition or reversal?’ Were the reasons why Bengal was partitioned in 1905 more important

I suggest you to take redspot past paper and check this question you may find it there.. I recommend

Reaction score
Redspot pastpapers well they arent very good but just use them for reference dont make them the MS !

Reaction score
Partition was important for Muslims, but Hindus were not happy with.. however the reversal was proved to be good for Hindus but bad for Muslims..

Reaction score

I gave history paper last year n faced the same ques! So i would like to tell u that in 14 marks ques u shud include 6 reasons each in a paragraph n 1 more para for conclusion! So i this ques u shud rite 3 paras for partition n 3 for reversal! N 1 last para for conclusion to tell which event was important...
The points for partition were:
1. Bengal was too large to govern as one unit
2. Britishers wanted to apply divide n rule policy n they divided hindu majority into 2 to weaken them.
3. They tried to make muslim majority in west Bengal (or east, not sure chk from buk) to seperate hindus n muslims n rule easily.

Reasons for reversal:
1. Hindus were doing riots throughout the country as they were divided!
2. They boycotted british goodx which threatened british economics!
3. Gandhi started a swedeshi movement against Britishers!

Like is u understood my answer ;)

Reaction score
I gave history paper last year n faced the same ques! So i would like to tell u that in 14 marks ques u shud include 6 reasons each in a paragraph n 1 more para for conclusion! So i this ques u shud rite 3 paras for partition n 3 for reversal! N 1 last para for conclusion to tell which event was important...
The points for partition were:
1. Bengal was too large to govern as one unit
2. Britishers wanted to apply divide n rule policy n they divided hindu majority into 2 to weaken them.
3. They tried to make muslim majority in west Bengal (or east, not sure chk from buk) to seperate hindus n muslims n rule easily.

Reasons for reversal:
1. Hindus were doing riots throughout the country as they were divided!
2. They boycotted british goodx which threatened british economics!
3. Gandhi started a swedeshi movement against Britishers!

Like is u understood my answer ;)
IT IS EAST PAKISTAN