• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Struggling with depression

Reaction score
Don't know where to start really, have been struggling on and off with depression and anxiety for the last three years. I'm prone to severe panic attacks and have noticed lately I've developed a noticeable twitch in my left hand when feeling anxious of under any stress. This in turn causes me more anxiety as I worry about people seeing this happen and start asking questions.

Over the last 3 months this has gotten progressively worse and I now find myself unable to sleep, barely eating and closing myself off from friends and family, whilst trying to 'act' as if everything is OK, again to avoid questions and been put in a position where I feel even more vunerable.

I'm really at the end of the road now, have tried seeking councelling but find it hard to open myself up even then. Considering committing suicide because of this and am at he stage where I can't see a positive solution to my problems. Even now, with the pressure and stress of O levels. I got a result I really didn't expect in Oct/Nov and everyone expects so much of me.

Do any of you guys suffer/ have suffered with depression before? Any advice you guy could possibly give me would be a massive help.

Deuce

Reaction score
Don't know where to start really, have been struggling on and off with depression and anxiety for the last three years. I'm prone to severe panic attacks and have noticed lately I've developed a noticeable twitch in my left hand when feeling anxious of under any stress. This in turn causes me more anxiety as I worry about people seeing this happen and start asking questions.

Over the last 3 months this has gotten progressively worse and I now find myself unable to sleep, barely eating and closing myself off from friends and family, whilst trying to 'act' as if everything is OK, again to avoid questions and been put in a position where I feel even more vunerable.

I'm really at the end of the road now, have tried seeking councelling but find it hard to open myself up even then. Considering committing suicide because of this and am at he stage where I can't see a positive solution to my problems. Even now, with the pressure and stress of O levels. I got a result I really didn't expect in Oct/Nov and everyone expects so much of me.

Do any of you guys suffer/ have suffered with depression before? Any advice you guy could possibly give me would be a massive help.

Deuce

well first of all...start believing in yourself
half of your issues will end that day when you start believing that i can do it...i can reach the expectations of the ppl...:)
believe me...this happens...btw does this happen all the time or during exams , etc...
moreover meet up with people who have a lively life than to ones who discuss things that agonize you even more..that will help..:)
and many times it happens when you have no physical activity try enrolling into soccer, cricket, etc..:)
Best of Luck (y)
hope you start off laughing with us..:) :D

Reaction score

Deuce

Soft Mint Khao! Tension jaye ga Pension lenay!

Reaction score
The thing is, I have lost all morale hope is believing in myself and abject myself as being doomed towards failure.

Reaction score

Deuce
this happens wid me wen im doing something wrong! Try freeing urself of things that u r not supposed to do.. even if just for a while or two. Im a well wisher and i aint criticising .. sorry bout the oder day.

Reaction score
Don't know where to start really, have been struggling on and off with depression and anxiety for the last three years. I'm prone to severe panic attacks and have noticed lately I've developed a noticeable twitch in my left hand when feeling anxious of under any stress. This in turn causes me more anxiety as I worry about people seeing this happen and start asking questions

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Raheem.

I think I can be of some use to you, if Allah so wills. I won't reveal any private info, but let's just say I understand how you feel, to an extent.

Don't worry about what they expect. Believe me, when I was in O' Levels I thought; "this is everything!" But its nothing. Its A-Levels, and more than that, University that really matters. O Levels are... well, Ordinary.

Forget what they say. Pray to Allah, He is the Lord of examiners. He does not turn away the caller when He calls upon Him; it does not befit His Majesty, the Most Generous.

DO NOT COMMIT SUICIDE. IT IS A TREMENDOUS SIN, WHICH WILL END YOU UP IN HELL FOR ETERNITY IF YOU KILL YOURSELF. DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT? ETERNAL, UNENDING TORMENT? THAT'S SOMETHING TO BE TRUELY DEPRESSED ABOUT, NOT THIS WORTHLESS, TRANSIENT, FINITE LIFE!!!

The Messenger of Allah, Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam, taught us - and no one is more Truthful or Trustworthy than Him: The destruction of the entire universe is less significant to Allah than the unjust killing of a single believer.” [Sunan Ibn Majah]

The "unjust killing of a single believer" INCLUDES A BELIEVER KILLING HIMSELF. Realize the magnitude of the crime you're contemplating, and STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Now, I'll tell you how you can eliminate your depression, insha' Allah. Islam is the religion of Truth, revealed to the Prophet of Truth, the one Most Beloved of Allah (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam); let it be known that there is no problem man faces that the Lord of Mercy did not cause to disappear through the Light of His Mercy to the Worlds (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam).

For Detailed Advice: http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=1948&CATE=17

For Short Advice:

Do excessive Dhikrullah; because that brings reassurance and peace to the heart. I'll recommend to you two things which will, insha' Allah, remove your depression from your heart:

• La Hawlah wa La Quwwata illa Billah - 'There is neither force nor strength except through Allah.'
Ibn ‘Abbas (Radhi’Allahu anhuma) was also reported to have related from the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) that he said: “Whenever sadness and grief intensify on someone, let him often repeat, ‘There is neither power nor strength except from Allah.’ (La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah)”

It is also been related that He, Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam, said (interpretation of the meaning): "La Hawla Wala Quwwata Illa Billah is a remedy for 99 diseases, the least of which is depression."

The least of which is depression, the least of which is depression, the least of which is depression.

Recite excessively, with concentration, La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah. Whenever you feel depressed, start reciting. Recite on your tongue; when your tongue gets tired, recite in your heart (in your mind). Recite it standing, sitting, lying down. When you feel tired, take a break, then recite again when you've recovered your energy - preferably, take a glass of your favorite juice/drink when you're tired, then go back and recite again once you've recovered your energy. Take it easy, and remember Allah with much remembrance.

• Salawaat 'alan-Nabi (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam)/Durood Sharif
Recite it excessively. Read about the Fadhail (Benefits) of Durood Sharif (in my signature). Then recite Durood excessively; recite it interchangeably with the La hawla recommended above. Whenever you feel like reciting the La hawla, then recite it, and when you don't, recite Durood. Recite any Durood you find easy on your tongue, but I recommend:

Allahumma Salli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadinin-Nabiyyil-Ummi. Wa Aalihi wa Barik wa Sallim.
"O Allah, send prayer upon our Liegelord Muhammad, the Ummi Prophet. And upon His Folk, and blessing and peace."
Those who follow the Messenger, the Ummi Prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him – it is those who will be the successful. [Qur'an 7:157]​
When we recite Durood upon the Prophet (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam), He recites Durood upon us in return. Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam.​
And Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa Sallam said: "Whoever faces a difficult need should increase asking for prayers (durood) upon me, for prayers upon me remove worries and anguish and distress, and increase sustenance, and satisfy all demands". [Dalayel al-Khayrat]​
And prayers upon the Prophet is cause that the he, Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa Sallam, greets whoever asks for prayers and greetings upon him after he died. He said: “When anyone greets me, Allah resurrects my soul so I return his greetings.” [Dalayel al-Khayrat]​
And Allah describes the effects of the Prophet (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam)'s Blessed Durood/Greetings upon the members of His Ummah in the following ways:​
Take, [O, Muhammad Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam], from their wealth a charity by which you purify them and cause them increase, and invoke [Allah's blessings/durood] upon them. Indeed, your invocations (durood) are reassurance for them. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing. [Qur'an 9:103]​
Implement on these; implement on these. Do not force yourself into them; but easily adopt the routine. Start with a routine of 10 Durood in the morning (as soon as you wake up) and 10 in the evening (at the time of Maghrib/sunset); and recite the La hawla whenever you find easy. Then increase your recital of Durood slowly (though, I'm pretty sure you'll find it increasing by itself insha' Allah, as you begin to feel its effects, you won't be able to stay away).​
AND STAY GALAXIES AWAY FROM SUICIDE. ETERNAL TORMENT AND ALLAH'S WRATH IS INFINITELY WORSE THAN A STUPID O' LEVELS RESULT. I UNDERSTAND THAT ITS EASY FOR ME TO SAY THAT, AND WHAT YOU'RE FEELING IN YOUR HEART SEEMS A LOT WORSE, BUT BELIEVE ME, IT ONLY SEEMS THAT WAY. ITS NOT!!! NO MATTER WHAT SIN YOU DO, YOU CAN REPENT FOR IT INSHA' ALLAH, BUT IF YOU COMMIT SUICIDE, THEN YOU CAN NOT COME BACK AND REPENT. DEATH IS NOT THE END OF SUFFERING; NOT FOR THOSE WHO DIE IN SIN.
I will remember you in my prayers, insha' Allah. May Allah remove the evils in our hearts, may He grant us all contentment, security, peace and the pleasure of Allah and His Messenger (Sall-Allahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam), and allow us to taste the sweetness of faith. Ameen, birahmatika ya Arhamar-Rahimeen. Allahumma Salli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadin, Kullama Zakarahuz-Zakiroona wa Kullama Ghafala 'An Zikrihil Ghafiloon. Allahumma Salli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadinin-Nabiyyil-Ummiyi wa Aalihi wa Barik wa Sallim. Wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa Billah.

Reaction score
ANother thing is that the person, my best friend who gave me the most support also passed away and that really affected and shocked me, probably the most.

Reaction score

Deuce
im also suffering from this but has found a way
all u have to do it chill out go out with some friendz talk about stuff n watch funny movies n u will c that eventually u forget everythg the dat twitch will stop(same thing happened to me) if u need more advice send me a message :)