• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Statistics 2(72) discussion!!!!

Reaction score
i don't remember the value but we had tu use binomial i think prob of x greater = 4

Reaction score
n i dont think was 12 it was 10 or something...i dont remember but it wasnt .125 for me too :unknown:

Reaction score
i think it was .070....or .069 ..anyways what about the probability that the team will score at least 1 goal in each of the next 10 matches??? mean was 1.8 goals per match???

Reaction score
n was 10 not 12!
i think the answer was 0.164!i didn't get it right though :S!

Reaction score
U can use normal there....and mean is 18 there...multiplying 1.8 by 10...and use normal..!! continuity correction shud b there...!! thats it..!! got that correct....

Reaction score
would some1 plz xplain the type I error..i mean how u ppl got 0.069......the thing is 1-{ P(X=0) to P(X=3) }...we have to use n=12 p=1/6 and thats it..!! how u got 0.069..plz xplain!!....bt stil...i will lose only one mark or max two..coz i jus did correct...if then..i think i messed up in calculation part..!!

Reaction score
mean is 18 and variance is also 18....so any prblm u got on that??

and i dont think we can get 0.164...i got 0.125...n i dont think i did anything wrong!!

Reaction score
not 100% sure .. all my friends have the same answer!but they didn't use normal!
how did u get 0.125?

Reaction score
for the matches one...u have to use normal..!! and for that type I..i dont know.how i get that..!!

Reaction score
i was talking about the matches one!its so confusing!
and about type 1 error n was 10 !thats why we have different answers!