• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

statistic (s1) or mechanics(m1) in As-level?

Reaction score
hey please suggest... what should i take?:eek:
if i do m1..would that be difficult because i'm commerce student?:unsure:
thanks in advance! :)

Reaction score
u should definitely go with statistics if u will study commerce cuz mechanics is for engineers. if u love physics the forces parts then u would love mechanics but as a commerce student its much better to take statistics

Reaction score
hey please suggest... what should i take?:eek:
if i do m1..would that be difficult because i'm commerce student?:unsure:
thanks in advance! :)
If u have studied phy in o levels and remember something abt it then I think that m1 wud be a lot easier....if not then go for s1...s1 is a very dry subject so hope that u do good with it....(y)

Reaction score
The debate is not about a commerce or a pre-eng student. At university it will hardly matter whether you do S1, S2 or even further statistics of further maths. All that is a thing of the past. The priority is your grade and for that P1, M1, S1, P3 is the easiest way out

Reaction score
The debate is not about a commerce or a pre-eng student. At university it will hardly matter whether you do S1, S2 or even further statistics of further maths. All that is a thing of the past. The priority is your grade and for that P1, M1, S1, P3 is the easiest way out
But I found out that many students who has not studied phy is facing very difficulty in doin M1..

Reaction score
Then do S1 in AS and M1 over the summer. Anyone who has done o levels physics, maths should not find it hard to get used to M1. S2 is harder

Reaction score
Do mechanics if you are good in physics. Do stats if you can understand the question because the stats questions are worded and 1 mistake can lead to getting the whole question wrong

Reaction score
I'd go with S1, unless you wanna go into serious mechanical engineering in future, or something mechanics related.
I was a stats person, so naturally took both s1 and s2, however, in general, the easiest and the most broad range of topics to go for is:
p1, s1, m1 and p3

Reaction score
My school chose m1. And I think I am a li'l suffering now. I dont know how to tackle the questions yet but somehow manage. Any tips?