• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Stat v. 62

Reaction score
I had been waiting for such a post :) yes because I never saw any m.s emphasizing on rouding to 3 s.f in permutations coz how will they check whether ans was exact or not.
And how much sure are you ?

I read it in Marking schemes too, they don't penalize an answer either way in permutations so as long as you used the right method and obtained the right answer, s.f. doesn't matter :)

Reaction score
what about not rounding with the sum of x^2 question?

I guess that will be penalized, not sure though, Its not a strict hard and fast rule to round answers to 3 s.f in stats so most probably they wouldn't deduct marks.

Reaction score
I guess that will be penalized, not sure though, Its not a strict hard and fast rule to round answers to 3 s.f in stats so most probably they wouldn't deduct marks.

On the front most page its clearly written that non-exact ans are rounded to 3 s.f NOT exact, sum to x^2 WAS exact

Reaction score
He will surely get the mark. Except for permutation .. if one writes answer to non 3sf he would get a deduction of 1 mark in the overall paper.
okay .......i wrote both the ans in that part so i was unsure about that if they will deduct the mark or not

Reaction score
He will surely get the mark. Except for permutation .. if one writes answer to non 3sf he would get a deduction of 1 mark in the overall paper.
no... only NON EXACT ans are given to 3 sf.. for permutations, it doent matter if u dont give ans in 3 sf.. coz the ans is exacct..

Reaction score
no... only NON EXACT ans are given to 3 sf.. for permutations, it doent matter if u dont give ans in 3 sf.. coz the ans is exacct..

Check the MS dude. Like I said.. EXCEPT FOR PERMUTATION.. In permutation both are accepted.. But in the rest of paper one should give the answer to 3 significant figures just to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
Check the MS dude. Like I said.. EXCEPT FOR PERMUTATION.. In permutation both are accepted.. But in the rest of paper one should give the answer to 3 significant figures just to be on the safe side.
oh ohk.. i got u wrong..:p yeah ur right that way..;)

Reaction score

What about the sum to x^2 ? Wasn't it EXACT 63811?

Reaction score
hey frens in the question of permutation and combination do we need to consider the trees (eg: all hibiscus) as identical ones.....what are your answers for this question????