• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Starting to prepare for your exams ?

Was this useful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am not like a pro at this but I can give a well guide for you to start preparing for your exams.

So let's start.
  1. Main important thing is to choose the board of your Exams (Edexcel or CIE), then choose if you want to study O'levels/Igcse/A' levels or AS level
  2. Subjects which you like and have some knowledge about it, if not so read about id find about the subject. (PLEASE DONT CHOOSE A SUBJECT AT ANY COST IF YOU DONT LIKE OR IF UR FAVOURITE TEACHER TEACHES IT)
  3. Go to your chose board's site (CIE: http://www.cie.org.uk/ and Edexcel http://www.edexcel.com/subjects) and check at their site if they have that subject.
  4. And next get your books ASAP. Dont rely if it is cheap or not. This will waste your time ( I am not saying that if the book Costs a million so buy it I mean dont look for the cheap book for days)
  5. Now after you have got your books first thing check the syllabus using the links above
  6. Now if the chapters correspond to the Subject's syllabus. THAT MEANS YOURE READY TO START LEARNING.
  7. WARNING!!!!!!! Please do not look at the past papers etc until you have completed preparing for that subject.

Now You've got your books and are all prepared with your materials. Now let's continue

Learning Session!!!!!!
Some of these are my personal recommendations

1. I'd strongly recommend keeping your pens with you and a notebook with you.
  2. First check how many pages does your book have. Find out how many days are left till the examination. Now like if you have 5-7 months till the exams so at least keep 1 month for revision. (Like if you have 7 months left keep 5 or 6 months for perpaering and studying the course/subject)
  3. Convert those months to days.
  4. Now use my formula for each subject :p = Total Number of Pages
  5. Total Days Left
  6. Immediately note down the number of pages you need to study daily.
  7. Now study the number of pages daily.

Study Tips:

1. Get yourself a study space like a desk or table.
  2. Get lots of stationary (This make you wanting to write alot).
  3. Buy new exercise books to write in (recommended to buy a big one, but it can also have less pages but just the size shuld be big enough) If you write in small Exercise books some words and you'll have to start a new page. All those pages makes you forget what you have learnt.
  4. Find your goals.
  5. Now before you sleep while keeping your eyes closed says to yourself " Tomorrow I will will hard "
  6. Find someone who can at least sit with you while learning like friend, parents or a tutor.
  7. While studying turn off your mobile, computers or anything that catches your attention.
  8. If there is noise around you sit in a seperate room and close the door and request others to quiet down.
  9. Now don't study like for 1-3 hours. Yes you can study more than 3 hours. But what I mean is that like study for one hour give yourself a break man like half an hour then start studying again.
  10. WARNING: If you take a break and time is up then your brain says to you that 'wait a little more" Dont listen force it to leave and start learning again
  11. KEEP STUDYING UNTIL YOU HAVE REACHED THE NUMBER OF PAGES YOU NEED TO STUDY DAILY.
  12. I'd strongly recommend that it for each subject for example if for your 1st subject if you need to read 3 pages of it daily try to read as much more than 3 as you can.But it is compulsary to complete the number of pages daily.

THANKS FOR READING !!!!!