• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Some tips for geography...! (add more if you'd like)

Reaction score
Hey guys so i see multiple people have not been giving much attention to Geography :Search: .. no need to get so tense!! 8)

1. In your book just memorize all the Tables and Carefully read through the rest. :wink:
2. Take a look at your map of Pakistan because there is almost always one map question!! :D
3. If you think drainage patterns are difficult you're right! But chances are that a drainage question will be repeated so take a look at Past Papers.
4. After you have read through the book carefully and memorized tables, start attempting Past Papers.
5. Check your answers with the Mark Schemes and learn all of your mistakes.

In Geography most of the questions are repeated or are similar to the question that have come previously, and if you think about it 70% of your Geography paper is about General Knowlege like:

Advantages
Disadvantages
Affects
Solutions etc.

So don't become so worried we have been blessed with 5 days to study for Geography when we really only need 3, Good Luck and may God be with you. :)

Reaction score
Ok one more thing I would like to add
-try to link different chapters to one another and you will find easy to write some points

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
Ok one more thing I would like to add
-try to link different chapters to one another and you will find easy to write some points
Thank you for adding something

Reaction score
Remember to use your brain and common sense when answering analytical questions, it isnt necesary that u answer everything from the book alone, remember to refer to the diagrams or figures which the cie has given because they giv them FOR A REASON !!.

Reaction score
Translucent231 said:
Remember to use your brain and common sense when answering analytical questions, it isnt necesary that u answer everything from the book alone, remember to refer to the diagrams or figures which the cie has given because they giv them FOR A REASON !!.

Yes but if people don't know the basics of whats shown.... then how are they supposed to describe it? I just hope we get an easy paper.

Reaction score
More advices:
-Read question carefully, (its the easiast way to mess up the paper)
Example: When question say discribe distribuition, dont go explaining why particular thing is more or less here, simply tell "it is more in this place less in this"

-Use correct terminologies for describing distribuition, little things count
Example: Instead of saying "in west of Balochistan" rather put it like "In area around Kharan desert" OR instead of "south of Balochistan plateu", say "the Makran coastal "

-Try to write one more point than the required number of points, it may be your one point is wrong or weak.

-Explain points well, sometimes you get marks for extension points,
Example: Instead of simply writing "efficient system of irrigation should be used" write "effficient system of irrgation should be used like Tube well, etc"

Reaction score
Oh Yeah and another tip for Geography, since there is alot of guess papers....... DO NOT RELY ON GUESSES ALONE, they are not 100% correct that is why they are called "Guess".

Reaction score
I also have a tip!
Many questions come related to the current situations in pakistan like an extract about power shortage or an article about water pollution etc and questions are set on it. So if you know something about these problems like remedies, problems, situation, as we all are experiencing them as well, you can write them. Like electricity billing officers do not check the meter correctly and sincerely and charge bill on a guess or approximation Like if someone has 3 ACs so bill of Rs 6000. This leads to loss for the company or government. Bills are not paid and officers are bribed so again a loss.(these can come in the reasons for power cuts or loadshedding).
correct me if you do not agree or Im wrong. :)

Reaction score
Just watch JEw news i mean Geo news :D and their reports and read dawn news everyday...it will improve your geography atleast

Reaction score
farzansaeed said:
I've got a query. how can tourism in swat get revived? [6]

-It get revived by the army operation of Pakistan army to eliminate Taliban from that area.
-After the operation the area is under government control and is now peaceful (not in actual though lol!)
-Tourism Pakistan has started to revive the tourism by setting up different festivals and events in that area to encourage tourists in that area.
-Government has assured the local and foreign of proper security arrangements.
-Swat is full of nature`s beauty and it contains many scenic places such as kalam and that is why tourists are now getting attracted to it again.

Reaction score
no.mercy said:
farzansaeed said:
I've got a query. how can tourism in swat get revived? [6]

-It get revived by the army operation of Pakistan army to eliminate Taliban from that area.
-After the operation the area is under government control and is now peaceful (not in actual though lol!)
-Tourism Pakistan has started to revive the tourism by setting up different festivals and events in that area to encourage tourists in that area.
-Government has assured the local and foreign of proper security arrangements.
-Swat is full of nature`s beauty and it contains many scenic places such as kalam and that is why tourists are now getting attracted to it again.
The question is saying how can tourism be revived? I think it means how it can be developed in swat. (correct me if I'm wrong)
-The law enforcement of the area should be strengthened to provide security.
-Infastructure facilities(roads, power, gas etc) should be developed.
-Tourist attractions like beautiful sightseeing places(kalam) should be developed and maintained.
-Hotels and guest houses should be established for the tourists.
-Shopping centres or malls be opened.
-Guides should be arranged for the tourists.
-Arranging events and festivals (as also said by "no.mercy")
(A little modification of the points given by "no.mercy" is required to fit in the question's requirements) :)

Reaction score
But wait he has asked that how it get revived not that how it can be revived..shezi i think your answer is unfortunately wrong then

Reaction score
I think he didn't post the question properly, it probably is HOW instead of GET and anyways for any area there are some key things:

- Security
- Infrastructure (Roads, Buildings, Railways etc.)
- Protection for the scenery or nature
- Advertisements, this includes events such as festivals.

Its the same for every area :p