• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

'Soft Subjects'

Reaction score
I wanna know if it is important to have at least twp subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Bio and Maths because these are apparently 'strong' subjects and others like Applied IT, Business St., Law etc. are 'soft' subjects. Can't we just take whichever three we wish to study? :-/

Reaction score
u can take any 3 u want!
But arent u putting ur career a stake?
Think Again!

Reaction score
I wanna know if it is important to have at least twp subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Bio and Maths because these are apparently 'strong' subjects and others like Applied IT, Business St., Law etc. are 'soft' subjects. Can't we just take whichever three we wish to study? :-/
Dude wake up!
You're in A levels now: choose subjects which you need to get into your desired university. If you want to do extra subjects, then go for it, as long as you make sure you've already taken the required ones.
I know it can be tempting to take multiple subjects, because its just what everyone does in their O levels/IGCSE exams, but you must realize that you have to choose 3 relevant subjects at this stage.
For example, lets suppose you want to be a doctor, and your preferred university is Aga Khan. They require you to take Phy, Chem and Bio. So I would by all means take these. However, if I find that taking Math will put me at an advantage, I'll take it too. But choosing Business Studies or Economics would be pretty much futile, because they aren't going to help me make my application look better. So yes, A levels will be a whole lot easier, but there goes my career in medicine out the window.

Reaction score

major 3 subjects are a requirement for universities like for medical Physics, biology, chemistry..Engineering needs Maths, physics, chemistry. You should do only 3 majors if you're twitched by the load of 4 subjects.
Careers like Arts etc can get any soft subjects. You shouldn't put yourself at risk at all, pull up and you can do 3 majors! Best of luck! (y)

Reaction score
For getting admission in Pakistani university, you only need three important subjects. For medical : BIO,Chem and Phy and fro engineering: Maths,Phy and chem.
But if you want to go abroad in science field, do take one soft subject along with your major subjects.