• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sociology Help Needed

Reaction score
Hi , I have recently taken sociology and appearing in next October / November session,i wanted to ask about the subject as some people say its hard,mainly people say its a girlish subject while i by myself am very keen and want to study it because i like it. Secondaly could anybody tell me where to buy its book , An Introduction To Sociology By Browne Ken because i have searched almost all main book stores like Saeed Book Bank,Mr Books and Idris .All i could find was a photocopied book in a old book bank where as i want to buy the original one so could anybody guide me please from where to buy the book.Thanks for help. :)

Reaction score
It is not hard. If I could do it in months, anyone can.
Oh, please. What does subjects have to do with being girl-ish or boy-ish. It is a subject, a crucial, important and interesting one.
There's this bookshop in Lahore called Iqbal Book Centre, something like that. My teacher ordered the original book from there. You can also order it from amazon.com etc. The book is pretty, pretty hard to locate in Pakistan.
Alternatively, try to maximize your gains from the internet. Use search engines to locate Notes for Sociology, turn to You tube for lectures. You pretty much need to cover the syllabus, which can be done without acquiring the book.

If you still have any queries, bang them here. I'll be glad to help. :)

Reaction score
wise words Valane. i know an academy named PACANS. their method of teaching is quiet easy and understandable. yesterday i called them and they told me their new batch is going to start on coming 17th june. you can join them for better preparation. their website is www.pacans.com

Reaction score
Oh, please. What does subjects have to do with being girl-ish or boy-ish. It is a subject, a crucial, important and interesting one.
There's this bookshop in Lahore called Iqbal Book Centre, something like that. My teacher ordered the original book from there. You can also order it from amazon.com etc. The book is pretty, pretty hard to locate in Pakistan.
Alternatively, try to maximize your gains from the internet. Use search engines to locate Notes for Sociology, turn to You tube for lectures. You pretty much need to cover the syllabus, which can be done without acquiring the book.

agree with you , i myself is taking it :)

Reaction score
Hi , I have recently taken sociology and appearing in next October / November session,i wanted to ask about the subject as some people say its hard,mainly people say its a girlish subject while i by myself am very keen and want to study it because i like it. Secondaly could anybody tell me where to buy its book , An Introduction To Sociology By Browne Ken because i have searched almost all main book stores like Saeed Book Bank,Mr Books and Idris .All i could find was a photocopied book in a old book bank where as i want to buy the original one so could anybody guide me please from where to buy the book.Thanks for help. :)
btw its not girlish

Reaction score

what grade did you get in sociology

Reaction score
can someone help me please !! i'm doing my exam in may/june and i have read all the book and now i'm having some problems in solving the past papers i'm not understanding the questions and i'm not able to express my answers i know everything but i need some little help please !!