• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

So how was Physics P33?

Reaction score
sadabrahman said:
hey, newbie here. Gradient is actually negative. Our sir also did the practical exam with us and he said it was negative. He also gave a reason about which i understood nothing. But it is confirmed that gradient is negative. Btw, my values of k were not proportional. How many marks would i lose ... :(
:ROFLMAO: is ur sir Drunk? :p

Reaction score
abrraza said:
sadabrahman said:
hey, newbie here. Gradient is actually negative. Our sir also did the practical exam with us and he said it was negative. He also gave a reason about which i understood nothing. But it is confirmed that gradient is negative. Btw, my values of k were not proportional. How many marks would i lose ... :(
Gradient cannot be negative !!

Reaction score
SMAMN26 said:
abrraza said:
sadabrahman said:
Gradient cannot be negative !!
i m sorry. it was a typing mistake. y intercept was negetive.

Reaction score
my gradient was 8. sumtin (dont remember) but my y intercept was -0.6 and the y intercept CAN be negative. Though it is time it is not a measured value, it is a calculated value. It is a practical impossibility BUT the thing is we dint get the y intercept through the experiment we got it AFTER drawing the graph! go through past papers. so many question where you woudn't expect the y intercept to be negative IS negative.
But lets just hope for the best and see what the examiners have in store for us.

Reaction score
alisha said:
my gradient was 8. sumtin (dont remember) but my y intercept was -0.6 and the y intercept CAN be negative. Though it is time it is not a measured value, it is a calculated value. It is a practical impossibility BUT the thing is we dint get the y intercept through the experiment we got it AFTER drawing the graph! go through past papers. so many question where you woudn't expect the y intercept to be negative IS negative.
But lets just hope for the best and see what the examiners have in store for us.
And I had to go through so much to drag the line up a little and get a y-intercept of +0.1 :D

Reaction score
Feelguud77 said:
alisha said:
And I had to go through so much to drag the line up a little and get a y-intercept of +0.1 :D
the real value for y intercept was 0.00 (logically) bt the range for it would from a negative value to a positive one (for eg. -1.0<y-intercept<+1.0 )

Reaction score
man it can be -ve......in practicals u have not to make decision whether y-intercept is -ve or +ve...ur DATA IS ALL WHAT COUNTS......

Reaction score
SMAMN26 said:
Feelguud77 said:
alisha said:
the real value for y intercept was 0.00 (logically) bt the range for it would from a negative value to a positive one (for eg. -1.0<y-intercept<+1.0 )

thats great so all our values fit in. and ya it all does depend on our own experimental values, and the best fit line.

Reaction score
hassam said:
man it can be -ve......in practicals u have not to make decision whether y-intercept is -ve or +ve...ur DATA IS ALL WHAT COUNTS......

yes will if it cant be negative and ur counting on ur data then ur data is wrong
i didnt take the exam but from the discussion here it seems like the y intercept cant be negative

Reaction score
gradient could never be negative...........................if negative means that ........................graph is decreasing and with increase in width time is increasing what the hack kinda immmmpossssibillllleeeeee............................. ask ur sir that maybe with increase in width time was decreasing coz there was faster oscillations

Reaction score
and yeah the units were must to be written.....................................guys did ur values ok k match........................

Reaction score
abrraza said:
sadabrahman said:
how can the gradient be negative?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: