• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

So how was paper 3 biology........answers posted here

Reaction score
I wrote Progestrone keeps the uteres lining intact and prevent abortion
Oestrogen is responsible for the development of mammary glands to be able to feed her baby after birth

is that right?
the first one is absolutely ryt.......but the second one i am not sure >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:unsure:

Reaction score
the first one is absolutely ryt.......but the second one i am not sure >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:unsure:

Role of estrogen in pregnancy:

• Triggers the maturation of reproductive organs
  • Help in the development of sexual characteristics
  • Assists in the lactation process
  • Promotes blood flow within the uterus
  • Maintains, regulates and triggers the production of other hormones

Reaction score
yeah, it was for us too, for the question on the coonversion of N2 in air to NH3, what is the process named?
It's called nitrogen fixation (done by nitrogen-fixing bacteria found in the roots of legumes such as beans, peas, etc...). :)

Reaction score
Guys a really quick question... Is it possible for someone to get a B on an individual component and still end up with an A* for the entire syllabus? Im not sure how the weighting works but for example, take biology: if you get a B in paper 6 (20% of total), a high A in paper 3 (50% of total) and an A in the multiple choice is it still possible to get an A* overall, bearing in mind that the ATP does not make up a great amount of the final grade?

No, you can't.

A B, and two A's cannot make an A*... not even one of the components was an A*. The best for those scores is an overall A.

Reaction score
No, you can't.

A B, and two A's cannot make an A*... not even one of the components was an A*. The best for those scores is an overall A.
are you sure ? if so please tell me how to get A*
My Biology teacher told us that if some one got 2 high A's + high B he can get A*
while if someone got 3 low A's then he will get an A

Reaction score
are you sure ? if so please tell me how to get A*
My Biology teacher told us that if some one got 2 high A's + high B he can get A*
while if someone got 3 low A's then he will get an A
An A* is higher than an A. If you only get A's and below, you cannot average higher than an A.

Perhaps the grading system in your school is different?

Reaction score
No no... A B on a paper that weighs 20% and two high A's obv give an A*... Its maths. 3 low A's get you an A... But if you get very high A's on 80% of the syllabus, a high B can't get rid of your A*... Don't forget that the scores are dependent on the addition of your results so a low B is bound to ruin your A*, same for a low A... You need high A's and a B that was probably just on the boundary.

Reaction score
An A* is higher than an A. If you only get A's and below, you cannot average higher than an A.

Perhaps the grading system in your school is different?
Oh and also, you can only get A's on an individual component... The marks gained for that A are the important thing

Reaction score
Role of estrogen in pregnancy:

r u sure.......bcuz i wrote tht it prevent ovulation from occuring..........n progesterone maintains the lining of the uterus

Reaction score
any1 has bio....ans to q'paper......from 1988-2000....paper 1....IGCSE.......i need it...........it isnt that old...:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
What John 1234 said is correct, if you get a High B (near to the boundary) it does not ruin your chance to A* in one component, only make it harder as you need to do very good in the other components.

Just confirming :p.

Reaction score
What John 1234 said is correct, if you get a High B (near to the boundary) it does not ruin your chance to A* in one component, only make it harder as you need to do very good in the other components.

Just confirming :p.
A really high level of B + the rest high level of A will surely get u an A* of a lower grade of A*.......well tht dznt matter as long as u score an A*...:D

Reaction score
Confirming.
i guess thts wrong .......(i feel so)......although i am not sure

Oestrogen
Progesterone
  • maintains the lining of the uterus
  • prevents abortion (i.e....removal of the placenta from the uterus lining )
pls keep updating the rest of the information........:)

Reaction score
I wrote Progestrone keeps the uteres lining intact and prevent abortion
Oestrogen is responsible for the development of mammary glands to be able to feed her baby after birth
is that right?
most of the people coming out of the exam said it was hard, i think the curve inshAllah will be too low:D

Confirming.

Oh and also, you can only get A's on an individual component... The marks gained for that A are the important thing

No, you can't.
4 every1's kind attention........can SM1 tell me abt the enzyme question ........with the graph....its part (b) which said "how cld u noe tht there were 2 enzymes" ?

Reaction score
4 every1's kind attention........can SM1 tell me abt the enzyme question ........with the graph....its part (b) which said "how cld u noe tht there were 2 enzymes" ?
I said at the 8 or 11th day(I don,t remember well) the enzyme activity as the same in pH 5 and in pH 8 and enzymes can only work in a specific pH and denature at any other pH so there are 2 enzymes :sneaky:
actually to be honest, I haven't seen any one did it like me but I hope mine isn't wrong or I won't get A* without a doubt :( :cry:
almost every one made a different answer for it :unsure: