• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

So how was paper 3 biology........answers posted here

Reaction score
Guys a really quick question... Is it possible for someone to get a B on an individual component and still end up with an A* for the entire syllabus? Im not sure how the weighting works but for example, take biology: if you get a B in paper 6 (20% of total), a high A in paper 3 (50% of total) and an A in the multiple choice is it still possible to get an A* overall, bearing in mind that the ATP does not make up a great amount of the final grade?

Reaction score
If they are high As then yes but how could you know that your mark is B or A from now
The problem now that I have to get 40/40 in mcq & still not sure if I can get A* as I have like 11 mark in p6 & 15 in p3 (may be it could have been A* if that was last year,curve was too low)
I think the curve will be too high this year :( ...I hate too easy & too hard tests :mad:

Im so fuc**n angry coz p6 depends more on using your mind not studying but this year they did the opposite so too many high grades

Reaction score
for bio paper 34 we were to make plant extracts pf diff conc.i recorded the volumes correctly but due to silly calculation mistale my concentrations recorded were wrong in data table.hpw many marks will they cut for writing wrong calculations?

Reaction score
The exams questions wasn't really hard but time was very short for you to concentrate properly on each question , so i didn't read the questions properly :S, but other than that it was fine. Btw in paper 31 for the bacteria or that micro-organism(i don't remmeber wat it was) what are the threads that digest his food i said rhizoids but i think it will be wrong if it was a bacteria, also there was a question about what type of food that we need in small amounts i said vitamin C but my friend told me you should have said vitamins as they said food type so it really wrong?

Reaction score
does each variant have a curve or are all of them are added together to get a curve?
I think each one has its own country , the curve is more dependant on the country but yeah it differs with variants.

Reaction score
any 1 from bio 32....tell me abt the otter a mammal.........whichdives longer in the cold water thn da reptile.............and the enzyme question......graph one......wat wz part b.........(((((how cld u noe 2 enzymes were used))))))))..........n the role of progesterone and oestrogen in maintaining pregnancy !!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Mammal you would say that it is warm blooded and has homeostatsis , you know vasoconstriction ,less sweating, more chemical reactions ,shivering and also that it has fur for insulation. Enzyme thing is that one enzyme at ph5 stopped at day 15 , while at another ph the enzyme activity continued after day 15 , proving that there are 2 enzymes with 2 different optimmum ph's. Progesterone and hormone i am not so sure... Oestrogen you would say it builds up the lining of the uterus making it spong,vascular, and thick. While progesterone maintains the building up of the lining of uterus and maintains pregnacny. My friend though had a different answer which sounded very sensible, he said that progesterone and oestrogen prevents menstruation as they maintain the lining of the uterus so no drop in level of progesterone and menstruation occuring, and also no ovulation and no FSH....

Reaction score
i related oestrogen with ovulation...............i also wrote that the liver transports more heat...by conducting more reactions...through the blood........................nfor enzymes i simply rote tht there are 2 enzymes of diffeent ph ...1 works best in acidic conditions and one works in alkaline conditions....still hope for the best inshallah

Reaction score
which question are you guys talking about paper 32 are yall talking bout the fertility pills?

Reaction score
i related oestrogen with ovulation...............i also wrote that the liver transports more heat...by conducting more reactions...through the blood........................nfor enzymes i simply rote tht there are 2 enzymes of diffeent ph ...1 works best in acidic conditions and one works in alkaline conditions....still hope for the best inshallah
I guess you did alright then :D

Reaction score
Mammal you would say that it is warm blooded and has homeostatsis , you know vasoconstriction ,less sweating, more chemical reactions ,shivering and also that it has fur for insulation. Enzyme thing is that one enzyme at ph5 stopped at day 15 , while at another ph the enzyme activity continued after day 15 , proving that there are 2 enzymes with 2 different optimmum ph's. Progesterone and hormone i am not so sure... Oestrogen you would say it builds up the lining of the uterus making it spong,vascular, and thick. While progesterone maintains the building up of the lining of uterus and maintains pregnacny. My friend though had a different answer which sounded very sensible, he said that progesterone and oestrogen prevents menstruation as they maintain the lining of the uterus so no drop in level of progesterone and menstruation occuring, and also no ovulation and no FSH....

Progesterone is produced by the yellow body (what the remaining follicle cells form). It is in charge of making the uterus lining thicken even more, and also prevents it from breaking down.

Reaction score
I wrote Progestrone keeps the uteres lining intact and prevent abortion
Oestrogen is responsible for the development of mammary glands to be able to feed her baby after birth

is that right?