• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SINCERE ADVICE AND SUGGESTIONS NEEDED !!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE FOR IGCSE MAY/JUNE 2014 ISLAMYAT AND PAKISTAN STUDIES FROM TODAY ??????

Reaction score
STUDY. That's all there is to this.
STUDY .. work hard.. open the books, READ THEM.. Blah blah, and get good grades. Simple!

There is no magic that's going to get you an A*. Hardwork is needed.

Reaction score
like how much time should i give to islamyat and pak studies during school days from now ????? How i will be able to cover them in a good way ????????

Reaction score
like how much time should i give to islamyat and pak studies during school days from now ????? How i will be able to cover them in a good way ????????

You need to know the pattern, then how the examiner would mark you, then it comes to what material you should study and to what extent, if u need to know all this u can PM me.

Reaction score
i am mentally prepared to do all what is good for me so i will do everything which will grant me good grades (A*/A) !!!!!! so plzzzzzzzz help me as i m really bad in islamyat and average to good in pak studies.....

Reaction score
i am mentally prepared to do all what is good for me so i will do everything which will grant me good grades (A*/A) !!!!!! so plzzzzzzzz help me as i m really bad in islamyat and average to good in pak studies.....

There are no tricks that will get you to an A*.
You need to work hard. Read the books, as much as you can, memorize everything.

Reaction score
get the Example Candidate Responses ... these will let you understand exactly how to answer exams
http://www.cie.org.uk/i-want-to/resource-centre/
http://www.cie.org.uk/cambridge-for/teachers/order-publications/

check chemistry sample Candidate Response Booklet
www.freeexampapers.com/index.php/directory/download?location=Cambridge+Pre+U%2FChemistry%2FSpecimen%2F9791_Chemistry_Example_Candidate_Responses_Booklet_WEB.pdf

1. Practice answer construction -- Candidate Response Booklet helps a LOT ...following em you can eliminate the useless information from your answers
2. Try sample variations of each question type, then get them all checked... ask the person checking the papers exactly why it is the best answer for that particular question.. then stick to that general format
3. Practice of timing is essential
4. Using the marking schemes, examiner reports, etc ... writing answers that would include their suggested points is essential
5. If there are any specific answering techniques like do not go over the limit, or do not mention any specific points, or always mention some points... then ask your teacher... but its unlikely that there will be any issues like that
6. Hours depends upon you... because how many times you lose you focus during study sessions varies from person to person, also how long does it take you get your focus back, how many study breaks you need, etc.... key is to never relax too much... 5 to 7 minutes is good enough after each chapter.... keep your learning sessions short and sweet something around 75 minutes sessions... start with 1 a day, build upto around 2 a day, then 3 a day... then back to 1 a day then return to 3 a day
7. FOOD is very important... eat slow digesting carbs... like Sweet Potatoes, Brown bread etc or Salads.. keep your brain running longer and faster, since the brain uses Glucose real fast and eating candy will only keep you active for a few minutes... slow digesting carbs give your brain glucose constantly, gradually over a longer period of time, sips of water every 15 to 20 minutes to keep yourself hydrated it takes only 2% to 3% dehydration to impact your cognitive ability, and massage ur neck and trap muscles after each study session otherwise the vertigo kicks in slowly and you barely notice it... at your age it will only tire you and make you mentally slow but as you get older it causes dizzy-ness
8. Instead of trying to force yourself to memorise stuff meaninglessly... read the material like a story that makes sense... because Human Beings are pattern seeking by nature and connections/patterns in the story let you remember stuff

Reaction score
get the Example Candidate Responses ... these will let you understand exactly how to answer exams
http://www.cie.org.uk/i-want-to/resource-centre/
http://www.cie.org.uk/cambridge-for/teachers/order-publications/

check chemistry sample Candidate Response Booklet
www.freeexampapers.com/index.php/directory/download?location=Cambridge+Pre+U%2FChemistry%2FSpecimen%2F9791_Chemistry_Example_Candidate_Responses_Booklet_WEB.pdf

1. Practice answer construction -- Candidate Response Booklet helps a LOT ...following em you can eliminate the useless information from your answers
2. Try sample variations of each question type, then get them all checked... ask the person checking the papers exactly why it is the best answer for that particular question.. then stick to that general format
3. Practice of timing is essential
4. Using the marking schemes, examiner reports, etc ... writing answers that would include their suggested points is essential
5. If there are any specific answering techniques like do not go over the limit, or do not mention any specific points, or always mention some points... then ask your teacher... but its unlikely that there will be any issues like that
6. Hours depends upon you... because how many times you lose you focus during study sessions varies from person to person, also how long does it take you get your focus back, how many study breaks you need, etc.... key is to never relax too much... 5 to 7 minutes is good enough after each chapter.... keep your learning sessions short and sweet something around 75 minutes sessions... start with 1 a day, build upto around 2 a day, then 3 a day... then back to 1 a day then return to 3 a day
7. FOOD is very important... eat slow digesting carbs... like Sweet Potatoes, Brown bread etc or Salads.. keep your brain running longer and faster, since the brain uses Glucose real fast and eating candy will only keep you active for a few minutes... slow digesting carbs give your brain glucose constantly, gradually over a longer period of time, sips of water every 15 to 20 minutes to keep yourself hydrated it takes only 2% to 3% dehydration to impact your cognitive ability, and massage ur neck and trap muscles after each study session otherwise the vertigo kicks in slowly and you barely notice it... at your age it will only tire you and make you mentally slow but as you get older it causes dizzy-ness
8. Instead of trying to force yourself to memorise stuff meaninglessly... read the material like a story that makes sense... because Human Beings are pattern seeking by nature and connections/patterns in the story let you remember stuff

what are sample variations ????

Reaction score
what are sample variations ????

my bad... i was unclear... i meant write sample answers for each type of question... then ask the person who checks your answers as to which one of your answers for a question is best and exactly why... is it clarity of expression, readability, the points mentioned, structure of the answers, etc... this and the candidate response booklet is essential because knowing exactly how to answer according to the examiners' requirements is the final step to getting a good grade

Reaction score
can u give me the link for islmayat and pak studies candidate response booklet ???????/

Reaction score
i need the publication link for ISLAMYAT AND PAK STUDIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT LINK IS NOT FOR THESE SUBJECTS.

Reaction score
i need the publication link for ISLAMYAT AND PAK STUDIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT LINK IS NOT FOR THESE SUBJECTS.
exactly... because it has a publication request form .. u fill that and then you buy the candidate response booklets.. plus they might have some rules for being a private student maybe ... not sure so check the booklet in that link that gives details about the publciation and how to order them and pay for them, etc

Reaction score
Study in a library. That's what i'm planning.
I'm gonna go to Liaquat Memorial Library, National Stadium Road, Karachi.
Search for other public libraries on the net if this one is not located close enough.