• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Significant figures/ decimal places in paper 5 Chemistry

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have a question regarding paper 5 chemistry
When I'm doing calculations, for moles for example, the answer should be in how many significant figures or decimal places ? and then if I use the value again, do I use the exact value ( fraction ) or use the value I got ?
For example there was a question I calculated the number of moles I used 0.3/27 - 0.011...
So I wrote 0.011 for that. and then I had to multiply that number by 3/2 to get number of moles for another element, shall I use 0.3/27 as the value or 0.011 ?
Hope that makes sense.

Reaction score
for most of the answers ( If not mentioned in how many sig. fig), write in 3 sig. fig. It is the safest!
for calculation that require the value calculated i always us the original value i.e non- round up one...
Just press Ans and the function you wanna use..

Reaction score
for most of the answers ( If not mentioned in how many sig. fig), write in 3 sig. fig. It is the safest!
for calculation that require the value calculated i always us the original value i.e non- round up one...
Just press Ans and the function you wanna use..
thank you :)