• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Should i join LUMS for engineering?

Reaction score
i think i shud have gone to LUMS after experiencing the drama of cancellation of entry tests :(

Reaction score
Electrical. I don't call a university with one engineering department an engineering university.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
The info I got 4rm a reliable source is that LUMS has some of the the best teachrs in pak... but they only offer electrical engg.
I rate quality education higher than a reputable degree... but that's just me.

Reaction score
Some good teachers have already left LUMS. People are saying that LUMS has lost it touch. Yet there are many who are still crazy about LUMS sciences.

Reaction score
guys i got 87% in o levels and 2A's and 1B in AS and i really want to get admission in lums in BSC so what type of score do i need in SAT 1 and should i repeat phy and try for a or is it ok

Reaction score
depends.
frst u need to giv the LUMS Common admission test (LCAT)
and ofcours perfrmanc in dat is exxtremely significant
if however u r an international student nd cant appear for the LCAT in pakistan u hav to show dem ur SAT score. they dont realy mention the min SAT score dat dey need but yea it oughtta b gud enuf too. well for schools oder dn SSE dey dont require SAT II. for SSE im ot sure ull hav 2 chek.
once they giv u ur conditional offer (or if uve already given ur A levels) u shud hav atleast 3 principal subjects (GP doesbt count)
And grades should b no less dan 2 B's and 1 C, such that there is no more dan 1 C and no less dan a C in any subject.

For SSE again. ull hav 2 chek if they need science or any oder specific subjects.

apart from that, well any good university looks for a candidate with a good academic school record and an avid participant.

u can visit their website www.lums.edu.pk

hope dat helped :)

iam studying in abu dhabi and i wanna know that does lums accept o levels and a levels without pak studies and islamiyat or i wud have to do the sat 2 and sat 1 just for like nust?? please answer soon

Era

Reaction score
iam studying in abu dhabi and i wanna know that does lums accept o levels and a levels without pak studies and islamiyat or i wud have to do the sat 2 and sat 1 just for like nust?? please answer soon

You will get your equivalence if u have done BOTH olevels and alevels abroad! and lums will accept u

Reaction score
You will get your equivalence if u have done BOTH olevels and alevels abroad! and lums will accept u

thanks alot but i heard that if i didnt give pak studies and islamiyat in my o levels then i have to give sat.. thats why im not sure

Reactions: Era