• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Should i join LUMS for engineering?

Reaction score
didead1 i think in astakhara you get ishara about what is right for you in your dream, and stop calling me dear

Reaction score
I'd suggest you join LUMS. Its all class. It has not been recognized yet because no graduates have been produced. Plus you will have international standards,teachers from all over the world. There was one from Harvard. NUST is good and cheap but LUMS is class. My friend studies there and now another friend got an offer from LUMS and he is going there. He also has a high chance of going into NUST but he is choosing LUMS.

Reaction score
hanzlabia said:
didead1 i think in astakhara you get ishara about what is right for you in your dream, and stop calling me dear

LOLZ, WID PPL LIKE U, THERES NO WHERE 2 GO !
STIK TO UR MISCONCEPTIONS DUDE
MAY ALLAH GIVE U HIDAYAH

Reaction score
CONCLUSION:- @ cool: Chill man! trust Lums sse and its mighty strong advisory board... dont count on person to person experiences.. since they r bound to differ..SSE will soon get its accreditation in 2012 when its first batch graduates(as per rule).. its the 1st private research skewl of Pakistan..
Remember: SSE vs NUST/GIK etc means your decision between research based study or conventional (RATTA culture)..
My choice: Definitely LUMS SSE!!

Reaction score
didead1 i donot have any misconception may be you have so better check it out before saying anything to other people

Reaction score
hanzlabia said:
didead1 i donot have any misconception may be you have so better check it out before saying anything to other people

buahahahaha stereotyppeeeee =)

Reaction score
OMG..!! LOL...

stop bugging eachother...everyone has their own concept (thats the problem with people in PAK)....:S :S
so let evryone do istakhara as they want :D :D :D

Reaction score
buhahaha 2 against one and happy about it. go to hell i hve nothing to discuss with you two, typical

Reaction score
A student with 4 A's in O level and straight A's in Alevel with strong extra curricular record getting average marks in entry test. How much chances are their for his admission? I mean what factors are important to get in? plz someone from Lums guide me. Thanks

Reaction score
hanzlabia said:
buhahaha 2 against one and happy about it. go to hell i hve nothing to discuss with you two, typical

a good muslim will never wish his/her brother/sister to hell!! :)

Reaction score
rviboy said:
A student with 4 A's in O level and straight A's in Alevel with strong extra curricular record getting average marks in entry test. How much chances are their for his admission? I mean what factors are important to get in? plz someone from Lums guide me. Thanks

ur A levels grades play a key rple. straight /As defiinitely help. apart from that ur O level profile is not very impressive, altho that is of less significance. Yes, u do need to show u hav been an avid participant in the extra curricular activities and performance in the Admission test is crucial. U r mainly judged and placed in order according to ur performamce in the LCAT and just average will not do, perhaps. But then again evrything depends on what kind of a profilw u build and give to the LUMS admission office which even includes things like ur personal statement. All of it put together make an overall image the key factors being a level grades and the admission test

hope dt helped :)

Reaction score
(i applied on da SAT BASIS)

well i dont necessarily agree with tht aftr calling up lums.

i cant tell u wt they said( its personal) but they r as xpected very dis-organized.

it was sad (not disappointing as i was half xpecting tht) when i called them up.

i can assure u tht my personal statement was really good i used da same to apply to uk and canada and got accepted.

and my decision is still pending ...

its really abt luck

Reaction score
u mayb right well wisher...i think they don't have any organized criteria even though i got admission..i mean their application is a complicated one as if they choose on very high standards..the fact is that they have very less seats...and i believe that i got admission on luck

Reaction score
best of luck mate :)

i could not do da LCAT cuz i live abroad. .... now tht sucks!

Reaction score
thanks a lot brother djdead1 n others too !!! yes it really helped. i want to keep the luck factor aside and prepare myself best to get in, rest is on Allah.
i know it is highly competitive to make into lums. i didn't knew personal statement matters that much.

Reaction score
WellWIshER said:
best of luck mate :)

i could not do da LCAT cuz i live abroad. .... now tht sucks!

i applied on SAT basis too and got in :)

wht ws ur SAT? :)