• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Should i join LUMS for engineering?

Reaction score
i told you people avout my brothers experiance, and hence giving my opinion, not imposing it on anyone. moreover didead1 i think i was not asking about your opinion in doing istakhara so no need to piss of . and yes cool my brother was in sse and i too got admission in sse this year. sory wellwisher cannot give you my brothers number :D

Reaction score
cool said:
samy said:
WellWIshER said:
well tht wont be an appropriate word i suppose..

how abt being a bit more serious :D

hey wellwisher..listen bae i know like 8 9 ppl who r studying in LUMS n few of them r going to graduate sooner.
their words " there is no place like LUMS, the experience and opportunities are best of all"

so how about u ask other ppl also and try to find out more except of sticking to this one case. mayb there was another issue in that situation..
and havent u gone to any of the events held in LUMS? if u have then it definitely would have given u a wider prospect about LUMS and the people there.!!
r they in SSE?

yes some of them ARE in SSE

Reaction score
Dudes, i was one of the first 200 to be offered admission to SSE, but i chose to apply to NUST and try my luck there. I turned down SSE's offer of admission for quite a few reason, first off, have you seen their labs? they only have 3 or 4 units of machines that nust has hundreds of, you'd have a much better chance of experimentation and gaining practical knowledge in nust than in sse because of their lax attitude towards the use of their equipment. secondly, sse has no defined or proper curriculum, currently their curriculum is being designed through trial and error. thirdly, sse will quite literally absorb you into itself. you will have zero social interactions other than with people in your class. you will not be able to partake in any other activity, study study study is all you will do there.

Reaction score
plus i don't know if anyone's mentioned this before, but even PEC doesn't recognize SSE's engineering degrees... so until it does, you cant find a job here in pak...

Reaction score
hanzlabia said:
i told you people avout my brothers experiance, and hence giving my opinion, not imposing it on anyone. moreover didead1 i think i was not asking about your opinion in doing istakhara so no need to piss of . and yes cool my brother was in sse and i too got admission in sse this year. sory wellwisher cannot give you my brothers number :D

neider did i giv u my opinion. i ws talkin to all Muslims out thre...istakhara is done on ur own.. :/

Reaction score
ok ppl...nybudy who hasnt received da financial aid letters......wury not...ive found out....theyre still evaluating...so ull get em pretty soon :) iA

Reaction score
Are you guys serious?????? :shock: :shock: :shock: I was honestly thinking of going to lums sse.I dont want to go to nust cause it admission is based mostly on fsc stuff.And if lums is not good for engineering then there is no other option than nust unless ur applying abroad which is awfully expensive.Does anyone have any experience of applying abroad to a good uni like caltech MIT imperiel college?Do they give full scholarships to pakistani undergraduate students??

Reaction score
Lots of Lums haters around here. I dont blame them, Lums does act like a snob at times. And that is because they know that they are the best university in Pakistan (excluding Aga Khan). Not only elitist, but also equipped with the best teachers and the best Curriculum. The rest is just bull, if you want a good studying environment SSE is the best places. It has a very competetive environment unlike Nust and Uet. Even SSE has its drawbacks and i dont know why people get transferred from SSE to foreign unis. Its probably because they want better research or exposure. But Nust literally traps you, You are not satisfied with study environment initially but theres nothing you can do about it and after a while you just carry on with it. Just look at the graduate placements and you will know.

Reaction score
Astronomygeek said:
Lots of Lums haters around here. I dont blame them, Lums does act like a snob at times. And that is because they know that they are the best university in Pakistan (excluding Aga Khan). Not only elitist, but also equipped with the best teachers and the best Curriculum. The rest is just bull, if you want a good studying environment SSE is the best places. It has a very competetive environment unlike Nust and Uet. Even SSE has its drawbacks and i dont know why people get transferred from SSE to foreign unis. Its probably because they want better research or exposure. But Nust literally traps you, You are not satisfied with study environment initially but theres nothing you can do about it and after a while you just carry on with it. Just look at the graduate placements and you will know.

That said, people here should know what graduating from LUMS means. Recruitment agencies and mncs actually walk into LUMS to giv u ur opportunities. There is no smoke without fire. There HAS to be sumthing about it, that it has won so much acclaim not just at a domestic level but worldwide too. People, stop junmping to conclusions, and think well. That's all I can say

P.S. Nothin beter dan istakhara if ure cnfused :) BUT plz DO IT URSELF !!

Reaction score
didead1 plz stop taunting, a lot of peaple could not remember there dreams or else do not know the exact or accurate method of doing astakhara thats why i suggested that someone else do it, plz stop badgering me

Reaction score
OK SO we have got a lot of mixed reviews .........

that surely makes it hard for one to decide.

IN MY VIEW, 3 things THAT 1 SHOULD FOCUS ON ARE:

1.FACULTY
2.FACILITY
3. CURRICULUM

these are the basic elements for any uni

so now tell me who has visited da SSE CAMPUS????? :fool: :unknown: :wink:

Reaction score
i was almost satisfied to reject LUMS but then some more comments have again pulled me back....for LUMS people have mixed views and so i still don't know wat to do....

Reaction score
Mcdoodoo said:
Dudes, i was one of the first 200 to be offered admission to SSE, but i chose to apply to NUST and try my luck there. I turned down SSE's offer of admission for quite a few reason, first off, have you seen their labs? they only have 3 or 4 units of machines that nust has hundreds of, you'd have a much better chance of experimentation and gaining practical knowledge in nust than in sse because of their lax attitude towards the use of their equipment. secondly, sse has no defined or proper curriculum, currently their curriculum is being designed through trial and error. thirdly, sse will quite literally absorb you into itself. you will have zero social interactions other than with people in your class. you will not be able to partake in any other activity, study study study is all you will do there.

hey then did u get admission in NUST?? u comment really forces me to reject LUMS

Reaction score
WellWIshER said:
OK SO we have got a lot of mixed reviews .........

that surely makes it hard for one to decide.

IN MY VIEW, 3 things THAT 1 SHOULD FOCUS ON ARE:

1.FACULTY
2.FACILITY
3. CURRICULUM

these are the basic elements for any uni

so now tell me who has visited da SSE CAMPUS????? :fool: :unknown: :wink:

i have visited the sse campus...although i have got admission in SHSSL..but i went for several events so more than familiar with evrything in LUMS...:) :)....from all campuses to class rooms...to dinin hall. ... cant say anything 4 u ppl but i KNOW dats wat i want :) :) INSHALLAH

Reaction score
WellWIshER said:
HOLD ON TO UR OFFER UNTIL WE GET SOME worthwhile replies....

yes dis is absolutly ryt...dont reject any place just because people say and dont accept any place without thinking about it...better take tym and decide until you have to pay the fees :)

Reaction score
hanzlabia said:
didead1 plz stop taunting, a lot of peaple could not remember there dreams or else do not know the exact or accurate method of doing astakhara thats why i suggested that someone else do it, plz stop badgering me

DEAR, THERE IS NO ACCURATE METHOD SUCH AS DA ONE UVE SUGGESTED, TRUST ME :) THE ONLY METHOD IS DOING IT URSELF. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE DREAMS AND STUF, HAV U READ DA TRANSLATION OF THE DUA? IT SAYS O ALLAH IF WHAT I AM GOING TO DO GOOD FOR ME. MAKE ME CLOSER TO IT, MAKE IT EASIER AND GIVE BRKAT IN IT , AND IF IT BAD FOR ME, TAKE IT AWAY FRM ME AND MAKE ME HAPY ON DAT.

IT JUST HAPENS ON ITS OWN. OR U HAV A FEELING BOUT RIGHT AND WRONG.

IM NOT TAUNTING, DEAR. IM JST REMINDING PPL TO STOP DOING THINGS DAT ARE BIDD'AH (BIDDAT) :)

HOPE U UNDRSTAND

Reaction score
cool said:
i was almost satisfied to reject LUMS but then some more comments have again pulled me back....for LUMS people have mixed views and so i still don't know wat to do....
COOL, MY ADVICE TO U WIL STILL BE
1)FIND OUT MORE
2)DO ISTAKHARA :)
REST UP2 U BRO