• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ShoULd i drop CHEMISTRY ?

Reaction score
my chemistry really sucks .. and the overall result also bad.. really screwed up ... i take 4 subjects .. science stream .. and now .. i m wondering whether need to drop the chemistry or not ? anyone have ideas ??

But as we know chemistry does play roles in science course ... so .. i would like to know .. what are the science courses that no need chemistry ?

with bio .. phy ,.. and maths .. what courses can i study ??
anyone of u doesnt take chemistry ??

i do have interest in dentistry .. does it need chemistry also ??

HELP !!! I M STRUGGLING now ..

thank you !

Reaction score
Re: HELP !!! anyone ??

pls reply me .. i need helps !!!!

thanks !!!! i m waiting ... sob sob ...

Reaction score
Re: HELP !!! anyone ??

If you are planning on doing major in subjects like physics, then I guess you don't really need chemistry. But most universities demand chemistry grades when you are applying for engineering.

Reaction score
engineering also need chemistry ?? or just for thsoe wwho are doing chemical enginerring ? but i was planning on doing major in bio .. like dentistry or med initially .. but it needs chemistry .. right ??
i dont have ideas now .. what should i do ?? drop or continue .. ??
anyone who doesnt take chem ??
pls advice .. thx !!

Reaction score
I applied for mechanical engineering and the university is asking for chemistry grades.
If you are planning on doing bio major then i believe you have to give chem.

Reaction score
leeadam1234 said:
my chemistry really sucks .. and the overall result also bad.. really screwed up ... i take 4 subjects .. science stream .. and now .. i m wondering whether need to drop the chemistry or not ? anyone have ideas ??

But as we know chemistry does play roles in science course ... so .. i would like to know .. what are the science courses that no need chemistry ?

with bio .. phy ,.. and maths .. what courses can i study ??
anyone of u doesnt take chemistry ??

i do have interest in dentistry .. does it need chemistry also ??

HELP !!! I M STRUGGLING now ..

thank you !
u need chemistry for BDS!

Reaction score
then should i drop a sub ? since my result is bad for this time

or i should continue till the end ?

Reaction score
Chemistry is essential for Medicine and Dentistry. Instead of taking the easy way out of dropping a subject, you should work harder and make sure you cover up the grades that you lost. You can reappear in this November if you are confident enough to recover your grades but don't drop Chemistry since it has a vital combination with Physics. Biology and Physics do not make a combination. Either the three sciences, or Physics and Chemistry. Dropping chemistry will limit your choices to Bachelors in sciences in any of the three subjects you are left with.

Reaction score
you can drop maths if u really intend to do a major in bio...and then concentrate on the science subjects

Reaction score
i have the the time table for oct/nov 2011 .. science subjects for AS and A2 are in the same day .. lol .. i must be very bsuying tat time ..
if my chemistry for my spm wasnt good .. does it affect the courses that i choose for my future.. e.g .. dentistry ..

but my result for my maths pretty good compare to others .. ^^

Reaction score
You got to do chemistry at all cost . If you don't do chemistry , I don't think you will be getting admission in any medical college .

Reaction score
But it doesn't matter. Many people give AS and A2 together. I will do the same this coming May/June, since I have seen people ace their exams even when they give all the papers together.
YES! You can't opt for dentistry if you drop chemistry. It is compulsory.

Reaction score
THANK you so much guys !!!!

i know what should i do now .. WORK HARD INSTEAD OF BEING A COWARD !!! hahahhaa ..